Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Biggest mistake of my life!
MonicaChavez

I haaaate this company. I also hate this stupid phone. Since day 1 with Verizon I've had nothing but problems. Billing problems, technical problems, and everything else that you can imagine! I sooooo want out of my contract & to never have to deal with this stupid company ever again!! Anyone know what the termination fees are for an account that was opened in November? Does the ETF include the price of the phone? Or is the cost of my phone a whole other beast? I'd call to find out but no one there knows what they're doing. The only thing they do is pass me around to different departments. On my last call the CSR actually yawned (more than once), during our conversation. They made me feel like I was just a nuisance. I wish I had never bothered with Verizon.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Biggest mistake of my life!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

MonicaChavez, these past experiences you have had is not the way we want you to be treated. You should never feel as if you are a nuisance.

In regards to a second account, I want to get this matter addressed. Let’s dig down and find the root cause of the issue. I want to restore your faith in choosing Verizon as your carrier. If the second account shows a number that is not yours, this matter needs to be resolved. Do you recognize the number that the second account is showing?

Also, the issue with your phone is something I'm here to address as well. I see a new phone was ordered, and you're now in the process of setting it up. Keep us posted with how this one works. We want you to have the best experience as possible on the best network.

MarkP_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Weth
Sr. Leader

Are you on a device payment plan or the tradition 2 year contract where you paid a reduced price for the phone in return for 2 year contract?

If you are on a device payment plan, you owe the remaining cost of the phone

If you are on old style contract (probably not since you did this in November after Verizon already did away with new customer contracts) you would owe $350.

0 Likes
MonicaChavez

I am on a device payment plan.

So all I would have to pay is the balance on my phone? That's it? No other/hidden fees? And I'd be completely done with Verizon? If that's the case I will pay off the balance ASAP.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Leader

Well the balance of your phone plus the balance you owe on service. But after you have paid all of that you are done.

0 Likes
Weth
Sr. Leader

Yup, as kaebfly said.

0 Likes
naansalad

and if you changing carrier and want to keep your phone number then  leave line active the new carrier might pay your balance device payment make sure if you are going to do so check their T&C too

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

MonicaChavez,

Let us help restore the love. It would put a damper on us to watch you go so soon and are here to help turn things around for you. What exactly are you experiencing with billing that has you feeling this way? What issues are you have with your service? Send us additional details to help.

YareliM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SpringTx

Monica-Check with other carriers. Thet often have promotions that include their covering termination fees with your old carrier.

0 Likes
MonicaChavez

Billing issues? Ok, for starters, I am receiving 2 bills with 2 different

account numbers & different phone numbers. I've called "customer service"

numerous times & each time was assured that the problem would be corrected

with that specific phone call and to disregard future correspondence about

that account. I am now receiving letters stating that the "phantom account"

is past due & will be going to collections. I suppose that is the result of

"disregarding future correspondence".

Next FAIL: customer service. Every time I've called, the person I'm talking

to doesn't understand (and can't correct) the second bill I keep getting.

They transfer me to someone else who transfers me to another person, etc.

During my last phone call the representative I was talking to YAWNED

several times as I was speaking. That's no way to treat a customer.

Next issue: this phone is a piece of [removed] . I actually had to take it in to

a Verizon corporate store because it had restarted itself SIX times in 15

minutes. No one at the store could figure out what was causing the

problems. So they ordered me a new phone, which was literally just dropped

off by UPS. And according to the rep in the store, nothing on my phone

could be saved unless I had backed up  everything on my computer. Pardon my

french but this is a pain in the ass that I don't need.

I know I have more complaints but I have to go set up my new [removed]

phone. Something I anticipate will not be without problems. Should you want

any more reasons why I regret getting involved with your company, please

feel free to email again. Thank you.

Monica [Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service]

0 Likes
SpringTx

BTW, T-Mobile says they will pay your early termination fee if you switch to them. Here's a link to it: http://www.t-mobile.com/offer/switch-carriers-no-early-termination-fee.html

0 Likes