Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bill- Damage fee
Poobies33

Hello

I recently had to return my phone b/c it was malfunctioning.  there was no damage to my phone.  It started malfunctioning by no fault of my own.  I actually spent hours and hours on chats trying to get it to work.  The chat feature frequently times out b/c you left to wait and it disconnects your chat before you can get anything accomplished.  After about 5 attempts someone completed a replacement order and I sent back my phone.  my phone had NO damage.  I am still receiving a 299 damage fee and now I am experiencing the same issue where you cant get anyone on the phone or a responsive chat.  One rep I did actually chat with was going to get the charges reduced but of course the chat disconnected before anything was resolved.  I am not paying these charges and will leave this service if I am unable to even try and resolve the issue with someone.  At this point the chat just refers me to a number where you cant get a person b/c it says i am in collections.  When I called i get texted a link to a chat where no one responds.    I paid the bill minus the additional charge I am disputing.  Still I am in "collections".  Please respond to this inquiry.  I had no issues with Verizon before my phone malfunctioned and have always paid. 

Thank you  

0 Likes
Re: Bill- Damage fee
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Poobies33, seeing you've been billed a damaged device fee can be alarming, especially when you state your device had no damage. We apologize for the difficult time you've had trying to get support while your device was malfunctioning, and once you saw this additional charge. We're more than willing to look further into this charge for you. I've sent you a Private Note, and look forward to hearing from you. 

0 Likes