Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bill increase
anne46307

My bill recently went from $50+ a month to $70+ a month.  Two old slide phones, two lines, no data packages.  What gives? 

0 Likes
Re: Bill increase
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Have you compared your old bill to your new bill? What is different on the 2 bills? It's pretty hard to determine what gives with the amount of information you have provided.

0 Likes
Tigerstep

Look at your two most recent bills side by side? You have access to that, we don't.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I would be concerned if my bill went up as well, anne46307. Having a consistent bill each month is crucial and we can look into this together. Please rely to the Private Message that was sent to you. DanielleR_VZW

0 Likes
anne46307

Problem solved, I hope.  I was finally able to get through to a live customer service person and he informed me that my added cost each month was data usage for the Internet.  This was curious because I have an old slide phone and I can't even tell you how to access the Internet from that little sucker.  Not sure how or why (or who) this was happening but that is what he saw on my bill.  He asked if I would like the Internet access blocked so I can't inadvertently turn it on and I agreed.  He said my bill should go back to $56 a month since there will be no data usage.  I'll see next month if that was the reason for the increase.  

I appreciate the response here in the community and I will be back if I need more help.  Have a good day......stay safe.

0 Likes
anne46307

Problem not solved.  Once again my wireless bill is up.  And this, after I spoke with customer service about it and was assured it would be corrected.  Disappointed and prepared to sit on hold until I can talk to someone. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

anne46307, we understand the importance of making sure your monthly bill is accurate. Allow us the opportunity to further assist. We have sent you a Private Message. Can you please respond to that message? Thank you.

SylviaT_VZW

0 Likes
anne46307

I called Customer Support again and was given a small credit to my account to placate me. It was explained to me that I was using too much data and being charged. This is perfectly ridiculous because I don’t have a data package…..I don’t have a smart phone……I don’t access the mobile web from my little slide phone. I call and I text. Period. If you look back at my history of bills you will see that in January of 2019 my bill was $55.16 and it has been going up since then. I have had this phone and this contract for years and never seen an increase and now all of a sudden it creeps up and up and up. I am now at $70+ a month for using data I don’t use! It’s extremely frustrating. I know it’s not a huge amount of money but as a senior on a fixed income……it is. I don’t know if I need to investigate another provider or what I need to do to get back to my fixed bill and not see these monthly increases.

0 Likes