Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bill so much higher
Spazix13

I hate Verizon now. I switched because of promises made by an authorized dealer that is wrong. We were told we would be charged $5 per month with no activation fee for two new iPhone 8's and $35 per month per line. Our total monthly fee was going to be $170. The clerk wrote it all down and showed us on the computer. We finalize everything and my first bill is $300, second bill $268 and ongoing $196. No one at Verizon will help or at the store saying all dead are final. They didn't waive the activation fees and charged us extra line initiation fees. And charged us $70 per line the first month because they couldn't get our phones in store for 3 days. To top it off we are apparently locked into a 2 year contract even though we were told there is no contract. I don't know how Verizon gets away with lying and messing up over people everyday. 

Re: Bill so much higher
Ann154
MVP MVP
MVP

Can you please provide a breakdown of the individual charges on the bills you have received? Please remove any personal information like names and phone numbers from the information you provide. 

With purchasing from authorized retailers, they might have different options for purchase than what is available at a corporate store. Without knowing how it is structured on the bill it is difficult to determine if you are truly under a service contract or if you have a device payment agreement for the phone purchases. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
laliz123

i am so frustrated with everyone at verizon you lack communication amongst each other. i have spoken to everyone at customer service and all have provided different information.. The first fraud incident started with the false promotion i was told to swap my phone and upgrade and that my bill remain the same... When i followed your instuctions i was then sent a bill for an extra 80 dollars a month...When i question. it i was then told i was not allowed the credit for the old phone and that the extra charge was added because i owed the old phone...was told had to pay 200 dollars to fix the problem and to wait for the bill. ...next two bills came i was told i owe nothing because i was given a credit and that i had been misinformed....next bill coming up estimated to be 1000 dollars..your rep said its due because i was misinformed....So now i have to pay for your error...all i know is you lied yo get me into this mess and expect me to pay...consumers affair fCC channel 5 everyone will know about your mess. i will make sure nobody else goes through this stress ...see you at smalls claim court

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

laliz123, we never like to learn that anyone is frustrated with us. We want to make sure that we get a chance to turn things around. I'm sorry for all the run around that you've been through. We want your billing to be back on track. I've sent you a Private Message for us to further review the specifics of the wireless account.

KevinR_VZW

0 Likes