Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Billed after canceling service.
CALJOH80

I canceled my service with Verizon on the 4th of August. I did so over the phone with a Verizon rep. I was an edge customer, with a phone and a smartwatch on my account. I had an upcoming bill that was due on the 7th of August, which covered the service dates of July 11th to August 11th. On August 4th, I called and asked the rep to cancel service to every device on my account. She responded by saying it would make the account inactive, which I confirmed. After canceling service to my account, she asked me if I would like to pay my bill, since the due data was 3 days out. I had her use my saved payment option on my account to pay the bill. I then confirmed probably 100 times, that I wouldnt have another bill with Verizon. Every time she told me I was correct.

Today, I received an email. I was sent to collections by Verizon due to an outstanding bill. I received ZERO notification of a bill approaching due date, or that I even had a bill posted to pay? Reason like this are the precise reason I chose to do business with ANYONE other than Verizon. I had no early termination, all devices were paid off, I paid the last bill for the data cycle that had usage on it. I am confused, and furious. Any help is appreciated.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Billed after canceling service.
LAVAY_03

I ALSO HAVE CANCELLED EVERYTHING AND AM STILL BEING BILLED.  DO U SEE THE AMOUNT OF PEOPLE, THAT HAVE TO WASTE THEIR TIME (AKA "LIVES") HAVING TO ASK QUESTIONS, THAT OF COURSE, SHOULD BE CLEAR. NO DOUBT IN MY MIND, VERIZON IS VERY EFFICIENT IN TAKING YOUR MONEY $$$$$$$  BUT SOMEHOW? JUST CAN'T MAKE THE BILLS CLEAR OR GET THE HANG OF WHAT "CUSTOMER SERVICE" IS. 

I WILL NEVER.....PUT MY SELF THRU THIS INSANITY WITH THEM AGAIN. THEY WANT MONEY & HOW CUSTOMERS ARE STRUGGLING, ASKING FOR THINGS, ENDLESSLY REPORTING ERRORS...

THE BOTTOM LINE IS ANYONE TALKING TO VERIZON IS TALKING TO A PIECE OF CARDBOARD.

CALJOH80

I did finally get a representative from management on the phone, and she assured me that all of my bills would be credited, and that everything would be taken care of. This was last Sunday. I asked for email conformation of this, because I know somehow, Verizon would [removed] it up. Sure enough, tonight I get an email stating I owe a significant chunk of money, because ONCE AGAIN, Verizon cant do what they said they would. Luckily, the manager gave me her email, and assured me I could email her and get any billing mix ups resolved. I am no holding my breath this will work.

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​.

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

HARPOON

Similar problem here. Cancelled service with Verizon after being charged $240.00 for an upgrade I never got. Spent over 4 hours on the phone and live chat. Finally got someone who said they had it all taken care of and I would get a revised final bill. I got that final bill today and it still has the same $240.00 for the upgrade on it. I got news for Verizon, if they can't get the correct bill to me then they won't get anything from me, including the amount I really owe.

0 Likes
RICPRI58

I have requested my account be cancelled as I had 2 devices. They only cancelled one device and keep billing me for the 2nd device. I have to keep calling stating I want ALL services on BOTH devices cancelled. Again, I received another email stating that "You requested to have your line(s) suspended due to your device being lost or stolen.".  I DID NOT REPORT IT LOST OR STOLEN BUT CANCELLED AS I NO LONGER NEED THIS SERVICE. I guess now the next step is to file a claim in small claims court to get this billing stopped for  services I requested cancelled going on 3 months ago. I never will use Verizon or recommend them to anyone. They are overpriced and tyrants.

0 Likes
CHETUR93

I canceled my service with Verizon in July at which time I paid off my phone and paid my bill. 3 months later I received notification that I owed them $158. I called and after much investigation they realized that for 9 months they had been billing me for a phone I had traded in back in October 2017 and the $158 bill was in error. How about they just sent me a "late/overdue" bill for the same phone? I am done! I was a Verizon customer for 15 years and I will NEVER go back to them. Not only have they not refunded my overage but they are still billing me? Ridiculous!

theycallmeaB

Amen to that. I know we've been with Verizon since 2006 ( Now 2021). Started out good service and customer service, but all good things come to an end they say. Ordered phone on 13 of month by the 18 I had been promised delivery dates twice nether of which happened. Phone never showed when it was going to be shipped or why it wasn't. This is last straw for Verizon. Billing issues to charges now this we gone. Will contact Public Service Commission for our state and Better Business Bureau. To big for their britches. 

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes