Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Billed for unused lines - sent to collection
JJDRP2K1

I ordered two phones from Verizon in December. The devices were shipped to the wrong address, but interestingly. I received one and not the other which was returned by FEDEX.

I did not activate the device I received. I returned the phone to the Verizon store and was credited for the device. In Feb. I received a bill from Verizon stating that I owed $207. I called customer service to ask why I was billed since I did not activate any devices and never used the line and was told to go to the store to resolve the matter. 

I went to the store and was told that they could not help, but they will have to contact customer service. I spent over an hour while an associate called Verizon customer service and explained the issue to them. The phone service rep stated that the charges will be canceled and I will receive a letter and email. I recently received a letter stating that the account was sent to collections. I called the finance number and was told that it was sent to Convergence Collections. 

This is totally unethical. I am a FIOS customer and my wife is a wireless customer.  I need this removed from my report ASAP as I am about to apply for a home loan. I am very angry!

0 Likes
Re: Billed for unused lines - sent to collection
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We always want you to only be charged for you actually had. Let's get to the bottom of this. Please call our In-House Recover Team at 800-852-1922. They will take care of this with you. *Melissa

0 Likes
JJDRP2K1

Thank you, but I called the number and was told that the account was sent to Convergent for collection and Verizon cannot help at this point. I spoke to Convergent and they are asking me to file a dispute. I would like to provide some documentation along with my dispute of which I have none. Why can't Verizon look up the account and see that the device was returned and that the account was not activated and never used?

Here is the detailed situation. 

• I signed up for the account and ordered 2 devices. I received only one device which I returned within 2 days to the store unactivated.  
  • When I saw an email with the charges, I called Verizon and was told to go to the store, because I did not know the phone or account number or anything, because I never activated the phones. 
  • I went to the store and the associate had to call Verizon support and spent over an hour with Verizon support. It was way past closing time when we were finished with the call.
  • Support said that the charges will be taken care of and that I will receive notification that the charges were taken off. 
  • I made the mistake of trusting customer service and did not bother to check if the charges were indeed canceled. 
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We understand this is important for you, JJDRP2K1. Our goal is for you to get the appropriate help. Systematically, we no longer have the tools to support these accounts through this platform. We recommend working closely with out In-House Recovery Team with this account and review your options to get this resolved.

-Gerson

0 Likes