Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Billing Problems!
maestra27

My bill has been wrong ever since one of the 3 people on our account got a new phone in April.  I've called twice to have it fixed and been transferred to numerous people.  Although I've repeatedly been told the bill has been fixed, it has not.

My 19% access discount disappeared from my bill 2 months ago and still hasn't been restored to my monthly bill.  Verizon currently owes us a $26.60 for my June and July bill.  When will I see that credit and when will my monthly access discount be restored??

Further, my carryover data is no longer calculating correctly.  Up until my May bill, the carryover data was being used first before my regular data was used.  Anything left at the end of the month was carried over to the next month.  0.67 GB should have been carried over to the June bill and 4.12 GB should have been carried over to the July bill.  On the July bill, the 4.12 GB should have been used first before the regular 8 GB on my plan.  Therefore, 3.63 GB should have carried over to be used this month (August bill), but nothing got carried over.  When will Verizon credit my account with the 3.63 GB of carryover data and make sure going forward that my carryover data is used FIRST before my regular data?

Please see ticket number 1021793.

Thank you.

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Billing Problems!
Ann154
MVP MVP
MVP

@maestra27 wrote:

Further, my carryover data is no longer calculating correctly.  Up until my May bill, the carryover data was being used first before my regular data was used.  Anything left at the end of the month was carried over to the next month.  0.67 GB should have been carried over to the June bill and 4.12 GB should have been carried over to the July bill.  On the July bill, the 4.12 GB should have been used first before the regular 8 GB on my plan.  Therefore, 3.63 GB should have carried over to be used this month (August bill), but nothing got carried over.  When will Verizon credit my account with the 3.63 GB of carryover data and make sure going forward that my carryover data is used FIRST before my regular data?

The carryover data has NEVER been used before your regular monthly allowance. Ever since the carryover data option was introduced, it was used AFTER the current month's allowance was used. See the carryover FAQs linked below.

https://www.verizon.com/support/carryover-data-faqs/

If you are having issues staying within your data allowance now that you have more lines on the account, perhaps you should review the current plan choices and see if switching to a current plan fits better with your budget. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
maestra27

I have months and months of bills where our carryover data was used prior to my regular data.  This was not an issue until someone got a new phone on our account in April.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello maestra27, 

We know how important it is for your billing to be correct, and we are here to help. Carryover Data is supposed to be used after your regular data allowance has been used. If that was not happening before, it was actually calculating incorrectly at that time. The correct way that Carryover data works is to be used after the data allowance has been used up. Carryover data also only carries over for one month, and expires if it is not used. You can see details about how Carryover data works here:  

https://www.verizon.com/support/carryover-data-faqs/  

Regarding your discount, I can see why you would be concerned that it is no longer showing up on your bill! We can take a closer look, and find out what happened with your discount. Please respond to our Direct Message for additional assistance. 

Thanks, 

Michelle_VZW 

0 Likes