Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Billing
Yaya8

I am a college student and was previously paying $50 a month with my previous carrier. I decided to switch to Verizon which was offering a $60 a month student plan along with a free phone. I chatted with 4 different agents who confirmed the charges of my future bills. I signed up in January, since then, I have been charged at least $111 every time. I called and the switched my plans to a cheaper option, but my bill again was over $111 this month. I spoke with an agent and they said I am in fact paying for the phone and there is nothing that they can do or credit. I have documentations of my chat with the agents about my bills upon signing up. Verizon has taken $700 from me since I signed up in January and the agent is saying there is nothing they can do. I only signed up and got a phone because Verizon agents had told me I would be getting a student discount and also a free phone with the new line. I am completely out of money as I am student and currently do not work. It has being a terrible experience for me as a student and I cannot afford it. I want to return the phone but they said it is past the date of refund... but I was given false information so I should be able to return it

Re: Billing
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello, Yaya8. We are very sorry to hear about any miscommunication that took place regarding the expectations for your monthly recurring charges and the pricing for your new device. We certainly understand how frustrating this can be and we definitely want to review how we can help in every way that we can. Please send us a private message so that we can assist further. 

-Brett

0 Likes
Re: Billing
BornTrucker

If this isn't resolved quickly, like the first person you talk to quickly, I suggest filing a complaint with the FCC at https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us. After months of fighting verizon to honor what they told me in chat I did this and the issue was mostly resolved a couple days later. Best of luck!

0 Likes