Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bogus email offer for 55+ $40 off Any Unlimited Plan
over55emptyoffer

We received an email from Verizon offering $40 off any unlimited plan. However, after numerous calls & chats & store visits, they refuse to honor the offer on anything other than Start Unlimited. Why extend an offer in email then refuse to honor it? What a waste of our time & awful setting of expectations. So frustrating!

0 Likes
Re: Bogus email offer for 55+ $40 off Any Unlimited Plan
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

over55emptyoffer, we definitely want to help you! I've sent you a Private Note so that I can gather much needed information that I'm not able to get here. Please respond to the Private Note for further assistance. Thanks! -Alicia

0 Likes
over55emptyoffer

I had to login not once, but THREE times to get to a point where I could find Private Note. That note only displays part of the text of your note and there is no link to click despite what the first sentence tells me to do.

We can all see from many posts that the emails are not a legitimate offer, but some kind of bait & switch to trick unsuspecting folks into signing up for overpriced unlimited plans costing far more than the offer in the email.

0 Likes
over55emptyoffer

I've called a number to times, visited a store, chatted online a couple times and posted here for resolution, but it's crystal clear every time that Verizon never had any intention of honoring the offer of any unlimited plan for 55+ for $40 off.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We know how important it is to get the best deal for the best price. No need to fear help is here! What is the ZIP code where you are currently located in? ~David

0 Likes
over55emptyoffer

We finally got this offer. After many dead-end attempts online & on the phone, and in franchise stores, we took a friend's advice and drove to a corporate Verizon store staffed by Verizon employees. Within 5 minutes, we had the plan we wanted with the 55+ discount. Many thanks to Beth at the Morehead City store. So easy with someone that knows what they are doing. Ahhhhh.

0 Likes
alyoyla

Dec '21 I received a text message offer for $25 loyalty discount. It might have been a bait and switch had I not been a bulldog about it and called them back 3 times to make sure it was applied—the 3rd call I really called the CS agent to the mat. So persistence will eventually pay off. Tedious though.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Alyoyla, I am sorry to hear that you needed to follow up several times to take advantage of this offer but I'm glad that you are now enjoying that savings. Was there anything we may assist with? -Loren

0 Likes