Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Buy 1 Get Promo / I feel very misled - and tricked
Harley2022

I am wondering if anyone else has had the same experience as myself.  I went into the Verizon store to do the Buy 1 Get 1 offer for my son and myself.  They told me I can easily do it online and directed me back out.  I really hate doing this as  - I miss the person to person contact and like being able to have someone walk through the steps with me.  However, I did as I was told and went through the steps and read instructions.  You have to open up 1 new account - and can utilize an existing account.  So I did this and everything seemed to go well.  My son didn’t love his phone number - so it gave an option online to pick out a new one (Did not say I was messing up the promotion and seemed logical that if I could do it online a number change would not void the promo - as its still a new line that I added to my account.  So I called Verizon in January - and they said everything was good and I should see the promo in 1-2 pay cycles.  So then had to call back and was on hold for around 30 minutes and then was explained to me that there was nothing I could do since I changed the phone number.  I feel like I was so misled - and if I had been able to make the change in the store - would not have had this problem as I would have had a good number from the start.  So frustrated as I would have never bought my son a new phone without the buy 1 get one special.  The customer service rep at Verizon said she would call me back - and I never received a call back from her.  So so disappointed as I have been a Verizon customer for over 10 years.

0 Likes
Re: Buy 1 Get Promo / I feel very misled - and tricked
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello, Harley2022. A mobile number change would not disqualify you from the promotion, but can cause an issue with the system applying it. We have methods of fixing such a problem. We are sending you a Private Note to assist you further. 

*Cassie

0 Likes
Harley2022

A nice customer service rep reached out to me to get additional information.  They submitted an escalation ticket and was going to follow up with me Tuesday- However I have not heard back yet and it’s Friday.  Any info would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

As a valued customer, your concerns are our concerns too. We certainly don't you to feel that you've been misled regarding the status of an escalation ticket. I apologize that you've not received a follow-up call last Tuesday, as promised.

I'd be disappointed too. Typically, our representatives will contact our customers by phone from 800-922-0204. Please check your voicemail messages to see if a call was made to you. We also follow up by sending text messages to your mobile number (if you have a mobile phone, Smartwatch, or tablet). 

This is a very urgent matter. Please let us know if these options help.  We'll be right here.  Thanks for your time and patience.

-Robert C.

0 Likes