Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Buy One Get One (BOGO) Scam / Fraud BEWARE
Chris0147

Verizon BOGO is a Fraud/Scam they will not make right. After buying a Galaxy S20 Ultra estimated $1400 x2, I was told by 3 representatives how to pay in full, one said wait 60 days; after 60 days another sent instructions and the 3rd walked me through it on the chat. After paying off the non "Free" phone no warning came up, after trying to pay the second phone off I received a notice saying this may waive any attached promo. I immediately stopped and called customer support. They said you cannot pay off either phone, discount deal attached or not. In addition, they said that$1050 is no longer available and I have to eat the extra phone and bill. 

I see this has happened to many people and let me tell you the justification the supervisors gave me. Because I paid with a Visa they cannot refund the money to reinstate the discount. Verizon reps have posted on many similar issues that there would be no payment which is not true, you still have a service fee and an additional $20 per month for the difference for the Ultra, this is around $100 per line per month. They have been absolutely awful to work with and after many years I am also giving up on Verizon. $1050 is not ok to joke around with. I highly recommend calling Samsung if you have this problem, thier supervisors are looking into it as many have called their promotions services and complained about Verizons fraud.  

0 Likes
Re: Buy One Get One (BOGO) Scam / Fraud BEWARE
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I don't blame you for voicing this experience.
In looking at the guidelines of the promotion is shares that

Voluntary buyout of the loan on the "buy" line does not drop the promotion from the "get" line.

I've sent a Private Note.

0 Likes
Law123

This has happened to me as well. I was initially told by customer suppler that I needed to wait for a couple of months to see the credit. That was months ago. Now they say I was never eligible. Complete bait and switch.   Do not fall for it. After all these years with Verizon I feel like I have no choice but to switch. I will be encouraging everyone I know to so as well. 

Tigerstep

?

Verizon lists in plain blue text what you need to qualify for a promotion on product pages. No going to the store or waiting to talk to someone, it's right there in plain sight.

Majority of the time a really good promo needs a new line. A BOGO deal will always require a new line for the "GET" device. The website says this info. Can't call it a bait and switch just because someone didn't read.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Law123, this is never the way we want you to feel about us, and we would never want to lose your preference. We'll be sending you a Private Note to better assist. 

LauraF_VZW

0 Likes
Jesscole

I purchased two s20s in July 2020 as your sales person told me that there was $300.00 off the first one and the second one would be free. I explained to her that our s8s were perfectly fine and I would have to think about this because I didn't want my bill to go up. She went over the pricing for me and said I just needed to switch my plan to ne eligible for the promotion. She also told me that I needed to decide now as it was the last day of the promotion.  I told her as long as my monthly bill would be what she quoted then I would go ahead and do it.  I called Verizon last week to find out why my bill is soooo high. I was told that a ticket was put in to correct the bill and to check back in a few days. I called tonight and spent 2 1/2 hours on the phone (mostly on hold) only to be told 10 different answers. I asked to speak to a supervisor 4 times and never got one. Finally I was told someone would call me back. I received a phone call from a man who said he was a supervisor. He told me that he looked at my account and that I was not eligible for a bogo because Bogos always require a new line. I explained to him that I was never told this and I currently have a Bogo on my account. He said that maybe they used to do it years ago and I informed him these phones were purchased in 2019. He out and out refused to honor what the sales person promised and basically told me I was out of luck.  I really can't believe that this is the way you treat your loyal customers of over 20 years. I am so very disappointed that you allow your sales people to lie to customers just to make a sale especially when i told her i couldn't afford a bigger bill.. I would really like to speak to someone who can help fix this situation. 

0 Likes
matthewmhuston
Spoiler

Verizon is utter trash. Their buy one get ones are a scam. I'm locked in for 36 months or I have to pay for the second phone which really wasn't free because they only covered 750 of the device. Verizon terrible! 

0 Likes
matthewmhuston

Verizon is trash. they got me locked in for 36 months because of one of these stupid fudging buy one get one free promos. now I'm stuck with my phone for 36 months and I can't pay it off and get a different one because then I'll have to pay for the free device which really wasn't free because they only covered 750 of the cost. Verizon terrible!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We are sorry that you feel this way. Our promotional offers are provided to our customers for a duration of the agreement. If you are looking to upgrade to another device you would forfeit the previous agreement and have to pay the device off in order to upgrade to another device. The promotional period is for the full 24 months period agreed to which would require the full pay off if you were looking to upgrade to another device. You also have the option of adding a new line of service to get the device that you are looking for as well. Does this clarify our promotional offer process?  

0 Likes
tojkelly

Its not a bait and switch its a out right lie.  It's not a bogo, it's buy one we give you a rebate on one as long as you pay over the next 24 months. If you try and payoff early you pay for both phones, that is not a bogo, so they should not be aloud to call it that.

0 Likes