Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Buyer Beware
monty9111

Beware, I upgraded my device in March online via a Verizon chat.  Online I was advised that Verizon would give me $100 for my trade in, and that I would also get an additional $400 for trading my Samsung for a Samsung.  This trade would lower my bill by like $10/month.  I have never gotten this credit, and in fact my bill went up by $30/month over the quoted amount.  Oddly enough Verizon has a record of chats going all the way to August of 2021, but this one chat is nowhere to be find.  The customer service is horrible.  I have attempted to resolve with customer service only to end up being passed from one person to another within the same department.  Requests to speak with supervisors or managers have been ignored.  One rep refused to provide a name or supervisors name.  I have been with Verizon for over 20 years and they do not care if they are going to lose a loyal customer.  I even let them know that I don't want to change carriers and am trying to give them a chance to make it right.

Re: Buyer Beware
BradyK80

I just posted something similar re:charging more than agreed and the absolutely horrendous customer service experience. I'm sorry you're dealing with the same, hopefully somebody starts taking some responsibility for your missing discounts and fixes it. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We do appreciate your loyalty. We would be sad if you left us. I can totally get being upset. This does not sound like us at all. I would like to see how I can help. I know two days have passed. Were you able to speak to someone? 

-Amber

0 Likes
monty9111

Amber,

Nothing has been corrected as of yet.  I still get the same runaround.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

To ensure we are on the same page, you are expecting a total of $500.00?

0 Likes
monty9111

Yes, I received the $100 credit from Verizon.  I did not receive the other $400 for trading my Samsung device for an upgraded Samsung device.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We appreciate the clarification. We'd like to investigate this further. We've sent you a Private Message for further assistance. ~Christian

0 Likes