Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Buyout Charges? Does the lack of customer respect have an end?
jd49490

What the heck fire Verizon?  I bought these phones at BestBuy and paid half up front.  You gave me nothing for free and paid nothing for my phones.  You consistently charged me overages on an unlimited plan, and when I pay off my phones and move them to another company, you try to double charge me.  I paid full price, and your system said that I was paid in full.  Why the holy heck fire are you charging me a buyout fee?  We had no contract!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is by far the worst experience I have ever had with a phone company!  You are trying to steal money from me, and I've seen several other customers comment on this exact same thing.  You guys are straight-out evil.  For the record, I logged in to pay the bill that you said I would not have with the credit for the overages you said would be there, and that's when I found that you tried to dupe me again!  I was planning to keep my internet running through the hotspot on my account, but I don't trust you.  Your company is beyond trash, and when you promise to make things right, somehow it ends up worse.

I'm logging out, and never logging back in here.  If you want to make this right, take the time to call me, and be ready with a solution that does not include me spending a thousand dollars to say good buy.  How your customers leave, says just as much about your company, as how your customers come, and no grade of service is worth being treated like trash by a company that obviously does not care!

My phone does not allow unknown numbers to call during business hours, so Email me, and I'll give you a phone # that you can use to call me.  I'm not interested in hopping on a chat or jumping on a long call, so don't waste my time or yours.  Only call with a solution.  3 months of trying to fix this to end up here have taught me that you will probably do nothing, and we'll let that be a reminder to everyone else on this site, just how much you truly care!

0 Likes
Re: Buyout Charges? Does the lack of customer respect have an end?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello, jd49490.  We want to ensure you receive the help you need to resolve this issue. We are sending you a Private Note to assist you further.

*Cassie

0 Likes
acraftylady2

How do you only pay half at best buy when you buy a phone?  When does best best buy make you pay the other half?  Been 2yrs since I bought a phone there but I paid the full price in cash up front.  Wondering if this is something new with best buy.    Mary

0 Likes
jd49490

Best Buy has the ability to sell you a phone, and Bill it to your plan, just as if you bought it from Verizon.  When I traded my XR in for the 13 mini, the difference was charged to an equipment payment plan.  Most carriers in the US support this.  The idea is that you are no longer locked into two year contracts when you buy a phone, and as soon as you pay the phone off, you are free to take it to another carrier.

I’ve done this with all three major carriers.  T-Mobile, and Att both respected the agreement, and the only reason I left ATT was because I wanted a plan that I knew would work everywhere I went.

Verizon had that plan, but I did not realize that they would work so hard to steal from me.  There plans are already the most expensive in the US, and I don’t understand why they feel the need to create so many gotchas on top of their normal rate.

I guess that paying more does not always equal better service.

Verizon advertises that they work the same, but when you pay off your phone early, they charge a buy out fee.

The original price of my phone was 699, after their buyout fee I will spend over $1000 dollars for that phone.  They’re basically trying to steal $400 from me, and I’m not the only one.  There are more threads like mine, and even more reply’s.

0 Likes
acraftylady2

Sorry I  got confused and thought it was something different.  I just paid cash up front.  

0 Likes