Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
COMPLAINT - can't seem to get my credits
JMZAN64

Back in June, my husband & I needed to upgrade both of our phones.  As long time Verizon customers, we went to the Verizon store that was offering a buy one/get one device for the iPhone 8 - with the addition of a new line of service.  As we are a two person family and not in need of any other service or devices, we said we did not want to do that, but could just go to AT&T as new customers and receive the same BOGO offer, but really preferred to stay with Verizon.  The woman at the store told us to call Sales and ask for a Senior Sales rep - they could override the new line requirement.  The next day I did that.  After being on the phone with a Senior Sales Rep who would NOT do that for me for over an hour, I was passed on to Ryaun Carter, who I believe is in customer retention as I had decided at that point that I had to move to AT&T to get (2) phones for the price of one.  Ryaun was very helpful.  He assured me that, no, I didn't need to switch carriers.  He was authorized to sell me (2) iPhones at the regular price because just NO ONE IN THE WORLD can override the new line of service credit, but he COULD extend to me (2) "customer loyalty discounts" of $350 for each of our lines which would basically work out to be the same $700 out of pocket.  He sent me the financing paperwork to sign electronically and assured me that even though there was no mention of this discount on the $699.99 PER PHONE I was financing, I would indeed be seeing (2) $14.58 credits for 24 months for my loyalty credits.  I confirmed this maybe (4) times with him - as financing 2 phones with Verizon when I could get 2 for 1 everywhere else would not make any sense for me. He PROMISED these credits would show up within 2 billing cycles.

Well, of course, I've seen no credits.  I've chatted, emailed Ryaun and customer service, and phoned about my account.  No one seems to acknowledge that this is noted on my account when I have actually been live with anyone.  Any time I've messaged - NO RESPONSE.  I even resorted to the old fashioned snail mail to see if I could get someone to read and react.  Nope.  Nothing.  So here we are paying for (2) phones to Verizon, when we could/should be financing just (1) through just about anyone else.  As soon as these phones are paid down we are moving - to someone who wants our business.  We have been with Verizon for 15+ years.  This has all been very disappointing.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: COMPLAINT - can't seem to get my credits
mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

Well they were wrong.  The credits Are given 2 to 3 months later after the computer checks for all requirements.  You did not meet them.  No credits will be given by computer. 

Unless verizon takes your word on it, and shows some mercy, you have to pay for both phones.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

JMZAN64, your loyalty of 15 years is greatly appreciated, and we would be sad to see you go. I definitely recognize your concerns about qualifying for the promotion after having spoken with several representatives since June, and not seeing it apply to your account. Help is here, and I'm confident that we'll be able to resolve your BOGO issues. Based on the information that you've shared, I'd like to take a closer look at your account to be able to review the BOGO further as it applies to your account. Please check your inbox for a Private Message.

Lorenzo_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JMZAN64

Hello -

I checked my Inbox and did not find a Private Message as indicated below.  Please take a closer look at my account to review my BOGO issue as requested?

Thank you!

Jackie [removed]

Personal information removed as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
glitchedpixel

Being at a company for X years doesn't entitle anyone to a free $700 phone. My first phone was an LG Chocolate with VZW in the mid 2000's and guess how much I am getting off my LG V30? Nada. I got a $200 gift card, though.

What happens when you switch carriers? X years down the line itdi be the same story. BOGO deals are always going to have a new service requirement.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

Exactly.....

and switching carriers may mean giving up a great plan.  My group plan is so cheap that a free phone isn’t going to be a break even even with 2 free phones. 

Best Buy has good sales and trade in deals can help a lot.

0 Likes
Kyancey7729

Same problem. Added a new line, for the two iPhone 8's. Asked I could upgrade one to a plus, and they said it would cost me $5/month after credits. Instead, they charge me the full amounts, then give partial discounts of half the phone payments, so I'm paying full price for one phone. My bill, for three smartphones, was supposed to be $195/month, until I paid off my Motorola. In currently paying 228 a month, which will drop 17 bucks after the Moto is paid with September's bill. That leaves me still paying over 195/month.

0 Likes
KH-Michael

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes