Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Call protection app
fisherman65

I went to the my Verizon app and signed up for the free version of the call filter app. It seems to me that there should be a way after all that to download the call filter app that I hear about but finding it to download is like pulling teeth. I first started the search by looking for the Verizon call filter app in the play store and couldn't find any such thing. So I went to the My Verizon app and thought that I made all the right elections and I would get a link to the app after that process. Is it just that you don't need to download any application if you're choosing the free version?

0 Likes
Re: Call protection app
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support
0 Likes
fisherman65

So if I read the information in the link correctly the call filter app is in the my Verizon app.

Am I understanding it correctly?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

If you're a current Verizon Customers on an eligible postpaid plan with a compatible device or if you're activating a new compatible device, you will automatically be enrolled in Call Filter, the free version for free spam detection as well as high risk call blocking. There's no action needed on your end for the free version. JasperM_VZW

0 Likes
fisherman65

Thanks for the clarification I thought I was without the protection if I hadn't found the app.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

You're welcome, fisherman65. I'm glad that we're able to clarify. For the best experience, we recommend installing the Call Filter app. For your convenience, I have also included our Call Filter FAQ here: https://www.verizon.com/support/call-filter-faqs/ Let us know if this helps.

LorenzoP_VZW

0 Likes