Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Can I activate an old device?
DonziZ255

I was curious, my phone fell in the potty and I can't afford the insurance deductible right now (150.00) or pay off my phone. Is it possible to have my old phone turned back on until I can? While I continue to make payments on non working phone. I am also cancelling insurance, if I'd saved the 11.00 a month, I could just payoff the payment agreement.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Phone not working can old phone be turned on.
Weth
Sr. Leader

Yes, you can put your old phone (or any phone) on the line and keep making payments on the broken phone. Be advised once you do that, you won't be able to make a claim on the broken phone since another phone was already put in its place before a claim was filed. It would have been nice to save that $11 a month to pay off the phone if you knew you couldn't afford the deductible.

View solution in original post

Weth
Sr. Leader

Yes, you can put your old phone (or any phone) on the line and keep making payments on the broken phone. Be advised once you do that, you won't be able to make a claim on the broken phone since another phone was already put in its place before a claim was filed. It would have been nice to save that $11 a month to pay off the phone if you knew you couldn't afford the deductible.

DonziZ255

Thanks. I can blame ignorance, but what's the point   Smiley Happy.  I didn't realize the deductibles were so high  .  Either way, this is just the worst possible time for this to happen, we will be able to payoff the phone in a few months. My husband was laid off a few months ago, he starts a new job next week  , but in the mean time, we are not spending any extra money. Thanks again.

0 Likes
Tburrows1

How do I do this

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We would love to help, Tburrows1. Please provide us with more details to be on the same page and provide accurate information. What do you need assistance with?

VictorC_VZW

0 Likes