Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Can I cancel my membership to Redux?
Cmatile

I have just upgraded to a new phone today and when I returned home and reviewed my bill I saw the 29.99 charge for Redux and an 19.99 setup fee. These were not reviewed with me upon me signing for my receipt. I feel frustrated that there was a 29.99 fee not discussed with me! I can understand a setup charge of 19 even though that also was not discussed. I will be expecting this to get corrected as soon as I can go back to the store!

Re: Can I cancel my membership to Redux?
Monkeygirl1

I have this same problem. This also happened to me.

I was charged $19.99 for set up and go plus.

Ok, I can understand that

But, then I saw the $29.99 charge. When I questioned the customer rep she said it was a setup charge I HAD to pay. 
So, my question is: what was the set up and go charge for if the Redux line member ship had anything to do with setting up the phone? 
Im really angry about this. People are hurting financially and they find yet another way to rip us off for $29.99. Ridiculous. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

@Monkeygirl1

It's great to hear that you had gotten a new phone. As for this Redux membership, that is an insurance coverage option that authorized retailers can offer, which is through them - not Asurion like we would offer. This is not a Verizon Wireless service either, as it is offered and managed through the store you had made your purchase at. To cancel that subscription, you should have a phone number associated with Redux, or you would need to visit the store that added it so they can remove it. As this is not a Verizon purchase, we are limited on our access to it.

0 Likes
Tigerstep

Why do people not take the couple of seconds to check if a store is corporate or 3rd party?

Those fees have zero to do with Verizon. That is from a retailer selling Verizon products which can have their own fees. 

0 Likes
mark0929

Same thing happened to me.  I upgraded to a Samsung Galaxy phone,  later at home looked at my receipt and noticed a charge of 29.99 for REDUX membership. What the heck is that?! I learned to always check my receipt before I leave the store.  I'll be returning to that store and hope to get a refund.  I don't want that membership!

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes