Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Can I change the name on my account to buy a new device?
Zjsundman

I need to change the name on my account in order to buy a new phone. I have been the sole owner and user for at least the last 5 years, but it is apparently in the name of my father. I cannot purchase a new phone without his Social Security Number. I cannot call customer service without getting a new phone.

The account is not in my name so I am thinking that I may walk away from this contract and switch to another carrier. I have tried to get it switched into my name in the past, but customer service was worthless and did nothing to help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Change name on my account in order to buy a new phone
MiiHere
Leader

Here is the link about how to get your service transferred, it covers both what your grandfather must do and yourself:

Transfer your service FAQs | Verizon Wireless

View solution in original post

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Did you bring your father with you. If the line is in HIS name, he is the person financially responsible for it and HE must give permission before Verizon would be able to transfer ownership of the line to you.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Leader

Here is the link about how to get your service transferred, it covers both what your grandfather must do and yourself:

Transfer your service FAQs | Verizon Wireless

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Rcschnoor, thank you for being a wonderful community member. The support that you provide is appreciated. Zjsundman, we want you to be able to get that new phone. Thank you for your loyalty and we will make sure we can keep you as a customer. You can get this resolved by getting your name added to the account as an account manager. Follow the link for more information on how to become an account manager: http://vz.to/2caZJde

Zjsundman, if your father is no longer active with the account. It would be a good idea for you to transfer the account into your name. Once you have been added as an account manager, you can authorize the transfer of service. Follow this link for more information: http://vz.to/2cp8U4p

RalphT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Carlacat

How do I change my maiden name to my married name on my account so I can get my upgraded phone?

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes