Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Can I get a deleted text message back?
mo59

get back deleted text messages

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: text message
tikibar1
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

If they were backed up (Cloud?  app?), you should be able to restore them.  If you weren't backing them up, then once deleted they are gone.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tikibar1
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

If they were backed up (Cloud?  app?), you should be able to restore them.  If you weren't backing them up, then once deleted they are gone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We want you to be able to get your messages. What kind of phone do you have? Do you use any back up assistant such as Verizon Cloud or iCloud?

YeseniaV_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Misserker

Both phones are 6s plus. Will the other person know the calls, texts are being backed up. I own both phones.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Misserker, supplying the phone model helps us to look at alternative backup options too. If you're on a device that supports the syncing of text messages and call logs to Verizon Cloud, you won't be able to access that content using the app itself. Instead, you can manage what's in the Cloud from the standard text messaging and calling apps on your device. For example, deleting a text message from the messaging app will also delete the message from Verizon Cloud. Since you have an iPhone, iCloud may also be an option for you to restore from. How long ago was this message deleted? Is it a string of messages that you are missing or just one text? And in order for Verizon Cloud or iCloud to start a backup, you would need to initiate the back up from the phone itself.

TakendraW_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

Re: text message 2 years are gone

I have a 2 year old "text chain," that was deleted. I just downloaded the Verizon MacIOS and it's not in their either. How can I retrieve this important text history? 

0 Likes
Re: text message 2 years are gone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We are here to help with any concerns you have about the 2 year conversation that was deleted. Allow us to gather a few more details to be on the same page. How was this conversation deleted? What messaging app are you using?

~Vic

0 Likes