Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Can I get my old number back?
michaeltinker1

So I don't use the phone very often (since it's an old flip phone on the prepaid card system), but I need access to it to verify an old account that I'm locked out of. I've tried getting a new 10 digit mobile pin number thing, but is there a way that any of you know that I can get my old number back?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Old phone deactivated
Ann154
Expert
Expert

No. You lost the number if you didn't continue to pay for the service. The number has been recycled to someone else.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Old phone deactivated
Ann154
Expert
Expert

No. You lost the number if you didn't continue to pay for the service. The number has been recycled to someone else.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
What if ...Re: Old phone deactivated
jennyg03

What if it is MY old number that I want back to replace the one I changed it to, like 6mos-1 year ago. Maybe longer, I cannot remember but would love my old number back!

When I called the port line # it made it seem like you needed to port from another carrier, an active number...but it's not active because I changed it. See what I'm saying? It doesn't have any money owed or anything because it's the same exact account. 

We've been with Verizon for over a decade and I guess it has sentimental value LOL Any direction on where to go to maybe find some help, is much appreciated!

-jen

0 Likes
Re: What if ...Old phone deactivated
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I can totally understand having an emotional attachment to a number, jennyg03. I'm happy to shed some light. As Ann154 pointed, numbers are relatively quickly recycled after being disconnected since there is a somewhat limited supply of numbers. However, we are happy to check the availability of the number you seek. Please respond to the Private Note we have sent. 

-RSM

0 Likes
birdzey8

Same situation here I have a old number that I call till this day and it has not been recycled to another customer. That number carried sentimental value.There should be no reason if the number is not in use for me to get it back

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We know it can hard to lose a number. We're happy to check to see if the number is available within our network. We'd like to look into this. Please send us a Private Note for assistance.

0 Likes
Andrew1996

Please please help me get access to my old number??? I need it to get access to my email account that has pictures of my deceased father that i can never get back. Please please please someone help me😭😭😭

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Andrew1996, having access to those photos is vital. I will be more  than happy to assist. Please share with me some details on what happen with your number ( port out, canceled, etc)?
-Rodney

Tags (1)