Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Can I make extra payments toward my device balance so the device is paid off quicker?
beaun1

Can I make extra payments toward my device balance so the device is paid off quicker. I saw an old thread that you couldn't. Does this still stand? Is your option only to pay off the entire balance of the device early? I can't just call up and make a portion? If that is true that really is not acceptable. 

0 Likes
Re: Can I make extra payments toward my device balance so the device is paid off quicker?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hi beaun1! Please review #3 under the section labeled (Device payments and making installment payments). https://www.verizon.com/support/device-payment-faqs/. Let us know if we could address any other questions. 

-Joey

0 Likes
Re: Can I make extra payments toward my device balance so the device is paid off quicker?
Ann154
Expert
Expert

@beaun1 wrote:

Can I make extra payments toward my device balance so the device is paid off quicker. I saw an old thread that you couldn't. Does this still stand? Is your option only to pay off the entire balance of the device early? I can't just call up and make a portion? If that is true that really is not acceptable. 

No, you can't make extra partial payments to pay off the device payment agreement balance early. The choices are the scheduled monthly payments or one lump sum payment. If you pay the lump amount, you will need to pay the full balance which doesn't include any bill credits that haven't applied yet. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes