Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Can I see if someone I have blocked has called or texted me?
Almal0731

I was wondering that after you block someone's number, can you still see if they called or texted you on your usage? Or does it show their number being 000-000-0000? Thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Blocked calls
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

wussy_smurf-

Unwanted callers can be such a drag. If you don't want to receive any notification of the number contacting you, I do recommend blocking the number through your My Verizon account, or by adding FamilyBase to your account: http://vz.to/29Y1czA. This will ensure you will not be bothered by those numbers going forward.

AmberK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Great qustion Almal0731.  Once a mobile number is blocked on your end, you will not receive any type of notification of contact. 

YareliM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
wussy_smurf

"Once a mobile number is blocked on your end, you will not receive any type of notification of contact."

I have found this to be untrue.  My Galaxy S6 gives me a notification that I received a call from a blocked number, which I then have to clear out!  I don't want this notification, I blocked the number for a reason and therefore don't care to know if the number calls in the future!  Is there any way to turn this notification off?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We understand your concern. May we ask if the number is blocked via My Verizon or on your device through settings? KleoL_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
wussy_smurf

The numbers have been blocked through the device. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

wussy_smurf-

Unwanted callers can be such a drag. If you don't want to receive any notification of the number contacting you, I do recommend blocking the number through your My Verizon account, or by adding FamilyBase to your account: http://vz.to/29Y1czA. This will ensure you will not be bothered by those numbers going forward.

AmberK_VZW

0 Likes
NoSpamPlease

what a lie. I have blocked numbers and they still show up AND my phone STILL RINGS and they can leave spam messages that the warranty I don't have on the car I don't own because I have NO DRIVERS LICENSE is about to expire. STOP WITH THE FALSE ANSWERS, VERIZON! ADMIT you have NO WAY for customers to take control over who calls them! LIARS.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes