Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Can I switch out an ATT Sim card from an iPhone 5s with my current iPhone 4s with a VZW sim card to upgrade my phone and keep my info?
bjstannj

I was able to keep my iPhone 5s from my job. My personal phone is an iPhone 4s. Can I simply switch sim cards to keep my VZW info and phone number and use the iPhone 5s for my VZW phone?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Can I switch out an ATT Sim card from an iPhone 5s with my current iPhone 4s with a VZW sim card to upgrade my phone and keep my info?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

bjstannj,

Congrats on being able to keep your iPhone! I apologize as we are only able to activate VZW branded devices onto the accounts. Also, the SIM card for an iPhone 4S will not be able to provide you with service as the SIM card within a VZW iPhone 4S is strictly for Global use. The VZW iPhone 4S does not require a SIM card to connect domestic services. If you would like you can trade in your iPhone 5S from AT&T and use the money towards the purchase of an VZW branded iPhone. Check you trade in value here... http://bit.ly/GGnDDC

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Can I switch out an ATT Sim card from an iPhone 5s with my current iPhone 4s with a VZW sim card to upgrade my phone and keep my info?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

bjstannj,

Congrats on being able to keep your iPhone! I apologize as we are only able to activate VZW branded devices onto the accounts. Also, the SIM card for an iPhone 4S will not be able to provide you with service as the SIM card within a VZW iPhone 4S is strictly for Global use. The VZW iPhone 4S does not require a SIM card to connect domestic services. If you would like you can trade in your iPhone 5S from AT&T and use the money towards the purchase of an VZW branded iPhone. Check you trade in value here... http://bit.ly/GGnDDC

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
MVP MVP
MVP

I'm not sure if the AT&T model matches the Verizon model. Even if it is, the CDMA radios would have been disabled and the IMEI number might not be in the Verizon Wireless database of compatible devices.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
narntek
Novice

I know that the internals of an iPhone 5s on Verizon and 5S on ATT are the same, as I have family that has done this successfully. The key is to already have a sim card provided to be used in the new phone. The 4S was a CDMA phone (meaning no sim card), but offers a sim for global use. As far as I know, without modifying or damaging the phone, you can't use the SIM on a 4s for US use.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

bjstannj wrote:

I was able to keep my iPhone 5s from my job. My personal phone is an iPhone 4s. Can I simply switch sim cards to keep my VZW info and phone number and use the iPhone 5s for my VZW phone?

I doubt is as the 4S is a 3G device and the 5S is a 4G device. Even a Verizon iPhone 5S uses a different SIM card than a Verizon iPhone 4S.

0 Likes
fdssdgdfgsgf

zcCCZC

0 Likes