Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Can I use a prepaid Verizon phone while my postpaid phone is getting repaired?
Kelli000

I need to send in my phone for repairs. Since I only need it for a week, I want to use the cheapest phone possible, which ends up being prepaid. Can I use a prepaid phone with my postpaid SIM while the postpaid phone is being repaired?

0 Likes
Re: Can I use a prepaid Verizon phone while my postpaid phone is getting repaired?
Kelli000

The point is for me to still have access to my phone number for the week that the phone is getting repaired, in case I get any calls. How would it be different than using an old phone that I already have (which is an option I've been given)? The problem is that my old phones are all broken or had been traded in.

0 Likes
Re: Can I use a prepaid Verizon phone while my postpaid phone is getting repaired?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello, Kelli000! 

Most Prepaid devices are compatible on Postpaid, but you would likely need a new SIM Card. We can also check the IMEI to make sure it would be compatible, here: https://www.verizon.com/bring-your-own-device/imei-esn-meid/ . If you have any questions or need assistance, feel free to reach us by sending a Private Note.

CelesteR_VZW

0 Likes