Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Can I use multiple gift cards to pay my bill?
aacasey12

Can I combine 3 Verizon gift cards and a credit card to pay off my device?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Can i combine 3 verizon gifts cards and a credit card to pay off my device?
sprmankalel
Leader

Device payments must be paid in full if you are paying it off early. This means the system will accept only one form of payment. If you have 3 gift cards see if the store will allow you to buy a new gift card for the amount of the phone and apply the 3 gift cards you have as payment and a cc for the difference.

I don't know if you can use a gift card to buy a gift card but it's worth a shot.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

Gift Card FAQs | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

lewisr13
Leader

You will need to do that in a store. With multiple gift/credit cards you have to apply payment individually, but device payment won't let you do that online. You could use credit card to pay off phone and gift cards to pay your bill.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Leader

Device payments must be paid in full if you are paying it off early. This means the system will accept only one form of payment. If you have 3 gift cards see if the store will allow you to buy a new gift card for the amount of the phone and apply the 3 gift cards you have as payment and a cc for the difference.

I don't know if you can use a gift card to buy a gift card but it's worth a shot.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
NewNCUser

Not at all happy. Was told the $500 + $150 rebates I would get could be used towards paying off the phone. This is an easy IT fix by Verizon. They are making this harder for the customer. And... rebates coming in the form of Verizon gift cards should be honored. Period. 

In addition, I was told by the Help Desk to try and go into a Verizon store to possibly combine the gift cards. When I did, much to my surprise, the store front said they are not "really" Verizon. They are contracted by Verizon. I would need to go into a Corporate Store instead. That I could not even use the gift cards to buy some of their new products in the store. They could not honor it because they are not really Verizon. Really? What? That is crazy. Same name on the store, same logo all over the store, but not really Verizon. 

Not impressed. Do not trust Verizon at all now.

Will not be with them long.

0 Likes
KH-cathy29811

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

NewNCUser, 

We want to restore your trust and prove that we're worthy of your continued business. When paying off your device, you can only use one form of payment to pay off the full balance owed. I apologize. Our billing system does not allow us to use multiple cards in one transaction. 

-Lasina

0 Likes