Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Can I use my expired Rebate Card?
CARKEL6

We decided to upgrade our phones a couple of months ago, and received prepaid visa rebate cards for upgrading our phones. We knew we were going to be taking a trip in August, so we filed the cards away until this month. When we pulled them out, we noticed that one of the cards expired in 7/17 (one day ago!). We did not receive any help from the customer service line, and I understand that the expiration date on the card was for July, but I would like to believe that this is a business run by people that value their customers. Is there any way for us to receive a new card, even with a partial balance? These cards were supposed to play a vital part in our travels, and I hope Verizon can help us.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Rebate Card
deloused

Unfortunately not, the cards can only be reissued by the bank (Citi in this case) and they won't do that when they've already expired-

EXPIRATION DATE: Your Citi® Prepaid Card expires on the date embossed on the front of the card and unless we otherwise expressly agree in writing, all rights, title and interest to the funds remaining on the Card will be forfeited on the Card's Expiration Date. You may not use your Citi® Prepaid Card after the Expiration Date. If you do not use the full amount on the card by the Card Expiration Date, you can call customer service to request a new card (the "Replacement Card").

View solution in original post

0 Likes
deloused

Unfortunately not, the cards can only be reissued by the bank (Citi in this case) and they won't do that when they've already expired-

EXPIRATION DATE: Your Citi® Prepaid Card expires on the date embossed on the front of the card and unless we otherwise expressly agree in writing, all rights, title and interest to the funds remaining on the Card will be forfeited on the Card's Expiration Date. You may not use your Citi® Prepaid Card after the Expiration Date. If you do not use the full amount on the card by the Card Expiration Date, you can call customer service to request a new card (the "Replacement Card").

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

CARKEL6,

We are sorry to hear that your visa rebate cards have expired. We do recommend calling the 800 number located on the back of the card to further review your options. We unfortunately do not have a way to submit a request to reissue the gift cards.  Please keep us updated on the progress.

SylviaT_VZw

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Rebate Card
Gregmerit

I move from AT&T in May bringing in three lines and three phones to Verizon. I was promised $1500 for a rebate in the email. I did not get the email. I have been calling for months and was told by customer service it is taking time to be processed. Over a month ago I was told by one customer service agent, he will reprocess it. I have been waiting for over two months for the reprocessing. Finally this week, a customer service agent told me the rebate was expired and there is nothing he can do about. 

For waiting for 5 months, switching from one network to another and an increase of $100 in my bill and paying activation fees, this is how a customer gets treated?

Any help?

0 Likes
KH-cathy29811

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Good morning. Thanks for reaching out. Making sure you get any promotion promised to vital. I'm here to help as best I can. To begin, please send Private Message.*Justin

0 Likes