Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Can't complete 2 factor from my phone.
Mark164

Every time I log into Verizon Wireless I have to confirm that I'm really me, either through a text to my phone or an email. The text  ALWAYS fails, even though I've had this phone number and account with Verizon for decades. I always have to retrieve my email to get the response code.

This is almost exactly what is happening now when I try to order a new phone on line. IT ALWAYS FAILS, saying the transaction can't be completed at this time. Is my account totally hosed, and how do I go about getting it fixed?

0 Likes
Phone not working
Mark164

And to make the experience even better, I can't even post here without getting that code AGAIN, through email, because responding from my phone DOESN'T WORK.

0 Likes
Re: Phone not working
jav6
Leader

@Mark164 wrote:

And to make the experience even better, I can't even post here without getting that code AGAIN, through email, because responding from my phone DOESN'T WORK.

What make/model phone do you have?  What messaging app are you using on your phone?  What if you turn OFF 2FA and turn it back on?  2FA doesn't require a response from your phone, does it?  Isn't the text message only used to receive a PIN which is entered where you're logging in to your account?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Re: Phone not working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Mark164, thank you for reaching out to us, and we are happy to help you with this issue. We know how much of an inconvenience it can be to experience a fluctuating or loss of signal, and we want to fix this. In order to better assist you, can you please provide the nearest intersection and zip code for the last location this issue occurred?
-Kevin

0 Likes