Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Can't remove Disney Plus
hartk678

I used to be on an unlimited plan and signed up for the free Disney+ offer.  In June I downgraded my plan to the 5gb plan and tried to remove Disney+. At the time, there was no way to remove Disney+ from my account. Under Add-ons, there was no option to remove it. Verizon was so eager to make a way for people to sign-up for it, they forgot to give people a way to remove it. I ignorantly assumed it would fall off once I downgraded my account.

July:  I notice it's still on my account.  So I contact support to do something on their end.  Support tried to get me to remove it through the add-ons section of my account and were apparently surprised when I wasn't able to remove it from there.  So they said they would manually remove it on their end.  

August: It showed up on my bill again.  This time I do an online chat with support so hopefully there's a copy of the chat for the future. (if not, I screenshot it)  Same discussion.  They wanted me to remove it from my add-ons. That wasn't possible.  They said they removed it. Credited the account.  ... Going into my account at the end of the month, I notice it's still listed on my add-ons.  But this time, there's an option to remove it.  So I do. 

September: It's on my bill again.  I start a chat.  Rehash literally the exact same conversation.  They credit my account and say it won't happen again. 

October: I got my bill today.  And Disney+ is on the bill.  Again.  Chat. Rinse. Repeat.  

I'm SO tired of having to deal with this every month.  Disney+ is NOT a current add-on on my account but it's still being charged to my account every month.  If I go to Disney plus website to try to cancel, they tell me to manage my account through Verizon.  

So, what gives?  Why is this so hard to fix?  I'm assuming this will be on my bill again in November.  But I wanted to post something here in case anyone else is having the same issue. 

Re: Can't remove Disney Plus
hartk678

I think Verizon support has some major issues.  The private messages they've been sending me have literally been asking me to do things I've already said I've done in this post.  Namely:

1. "Cancel the subscription from your add-ons."  IT'S BEEN CANCELED FOR MONTHS.  (see screenshot.) There's nothing to cancel/remove.  It's not in my add-ons.  (so please stop sending me the link with instructions on how to do that.) 

2020-10-15_12-33-06.png

2. "Go to Disney to cancel."  Also, been there done that.  Here's the screenshot from my my Disney account. It tells me to go back to Verizon to manage my subscription.  The link just brings me to the Verizon homepage. 

2020-10-15_12-20-10.png

If they come up with an answer in my private messages, I'll let you know. 

Valo88

I'm having the same problem for two months already and every time i call i have to explain everithing again an they tell me to do the same, im getting tired of this, i am thinking of cancel my account, worse customer service ever, they just don't know what to do 

Valo88

I call Disney and they can not do anything since the subscription is thought verizon, I have like 3 different open tickets and they said we are going to call you in a couple days but thay never do it, garbage

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We certainly want to help and don't want to lose you as a customer. We have made it easy to cancel your subscription via My Verizon. Please follow the steps in the link below. Keep us posted:

https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-228795/

0 Likes
brianolsen87

So I got this text from Verizon also informing me that my subscription is almost finished and we don't watch Disney anymore. So I went to cancel it and I can't as well. 

06014969-93FE-45C0-A722-3F4AEED1CAA0-Messages.jpeg

When I follow your knowledge base tutorial, I don't see manage, I see "Get It Now" and not "Manage add-on" like it shows in your KB article.
https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-228795/

and yes, I verified I was logged in.

Screen Shot 2020-10-30 at 2.43.01 PM.png

And yes Disney still says I'm subscribed.
Screen Shot 2020-10-30 at 2.47.49 PM.png
Fix this please! I still have some time but I'm pretty sure I'll be in the same boat as the rest of the users here if this doesn't get resolved.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello brianolsen87,

We know how important it is to be able to manage your Disney+ subscription. Are you signing in through the Account Owner's online account? What web browser are you using to access our website with?

ChristopherM_VZW

0 Likes
brianolsen87

I am the owner, signed into my account (the only account). Tried in Google and Safari, also tried in guest mode to make sure browser cache wasn't an issue.

0 Likes
brianolsen87

I'm on the phone now with Christina from Verizon Care. They said that they see that I will get charged next month, and that it shows up but they don't understand why I can't do it on my end. I walked through the same steps with the KB article above said with them on the phone and still showed on my end that I'm not on Disney+.

The rep said she can't do anything from her end...I'm on hold...hopefully she is getting a manager.

0 Likes
brianolsen87

Christina said that the off-shore advisors said that the upcoming bills are typically wrong and that I shouldn't  be subscribed to Disney since it's not showing up on my account. Yet I'm still able to log into my Disney+ account. 

not adding up...

Sounds very similar to the above issues.

I'm asking Christina to speak with a supervisor.

0 Likes