Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Can't send or receive text from anyone!!
Ivalyse

I cannot get or send any text messages from anyone EXCEPT  for Verizon based text messages (ie: surveys, links, payment notifications) and I received no proper solutions for this problem! Customer service keeps making me reset my phone and it's settings but it's nothing malfunction on my phone. How can it be fixed?

0 Likes
Re: Can't send or receive text from anyone!!
jav6

@Ivalyse wrote:

I cannot get or send any text messages from anyone EXCEPT  for Verizon based text messages (ie: surveys, links, payment notifications) and I received no proper solutions for this problem! Customer service keeps making me reset my phone and it's settings but it's nothing malfunction on my phone. How can it be fixed?

Have you tried other devices/methods, e.g. text messaging via the web site https://web.wma.verizon.com ?  Are you using Verizon Message+ or the phones' default/built-in messaging app?  What make/model phone do you have?  Did you transfer your phones' number from another carrier?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We want you to be able to send and receive all of your text messages. We'd like to see what's going on. Let's get to the bottom of this. Please send us a Private Note for assistance.

0 Likes
WTF25

Similar problem. Woke up this morning and my old texts were apparently gone. Still trying to sort this out, but apparently my phone (or Verizon?!) decided to do some kind of update last night and changed the messaging app(s). Not real happy about this!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience as I know the importance of having previous messages available. What messaging application are you using? What model is your phone? 

0 Likes