Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Can’t use autopay after Verizon failed to process my payments
dansttaylor

I decided to switch back to my checking account payment method, from a credit card, when I discovered this was necessary to get the autopay discount. I switched back to my checking payment method, which has been used for years and hasn’t changed. Verizon “could not receive” my payment. I tried again to make a one time payment after validating the account information. Failed again. Called and spoke with an agent and was able to get the payment through using a debit card, but now my next bill estimate shows two $25 returned payment fees and I am no longer able to manage my autopay. ‘My Verizon’ chat reps refused to help, and only offered me a $25 credit to cover one of the fees. I found this issue occurring recently for other people all over the internet. I want the return payment charges removed and access to my autopay settings, as well as an explanation why Verizon is having issues with checking account payments and placing the blame on their customers. 

Note: I checked with my bank and no payments were declined, no holds were in place, and I had several times the required amount available to cover the bill. I’m considering taking my business elsewhere if they can’t resolve this. 9 year customer using autopay the whole time... Not a single issue until now. And no help from customer service. 

Re: Can’t use autopay after Verizon failed to process my payments
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Oh, no. That's rough. We'd like to see what's going on. Let's get to the bottom of this. Please send us a Private Note for assistance.

0 Likes
David19146

What happened with this case cause I'm having the same problems right now?

dansttaylor

I ended up having to call Verizon. Had my autopay privileges reinstated and a full refund for the charges. It is not you. It’s their system. Call them and make it clear to them it’s not caused by you or your accounts and they should set everything straight. Reference me or the countless other testimonials if you need to. May just be stuck on the phone for longer than you’d like and have to go through a manager or two. Hope you get it figured.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

As a valued customer, your concerns are our concerns too and we're here to help you in any way we can. Hearing that you're experiencing issues using Auto Pay is very concerning and we apologize for your inconvenience.

Can you tell us more about this matter? For example, was there an error message or notification? Any information you can share with us here (Without providing personal and account information for your account) will be greatly appreciated. -Robert C.

0 Likes
doshis11

I am having the same issue with no assistance with customer care, autopay fails and my bank has no record of an attempt to draw the funds, the customer rep told me i have to pay cash going forward???? As a new customer this is really dissatisfying

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello, doshis11. I apologize for the inconvenience that you are having with the Auto Pay feature on your account, especially as a new member of our Verizon Wireless family. How many attempts were they made to make the payment? ~Pamela

0 Likes