Please see the series of events end up wasting over 12.5 hours of my time and got slammed with 412$ bill.
1. I order the new line for my daughter and she said, she does not needs it at the moment due to pandemic. I initiated a request to cancel the line using the myVerizon App
farooquesayed, we are concerned to hear about your experience with canceling service. Devices purchased via Verizon Wireless are subject to the 14 day return period, as stated specifically on our website. Please see the link below.
1) Never order a phone for someone unless it's agreed by both parties.
2) It doesn't make any sense to not have to return if you didn't need the phone. Not returning is the same as agreeing to keep it, payments and all.
3) You can't remove a line from the app.
4) Restocking fee is $50 and can be waived if you didn't tamper with the sealed package before turning. If you didn't need the phone, it would still be sealed and returned within 14 days of receiving it.
5) Waiting that long to do anything about it does fall on you. A quick Google search of "Verizon return label" brings up https://www.verizon.com/support/print-return-label/ as the first result.
6) After 14 days, that device is yours. They'll accept it late if it's something like a holiday return or if the owner of the line is terminally ill / passed away.
7) They only take the phone if within the return period or if the owner of the phone was terminally ill / passed away.
8 ) Phones aren't free. A business isn't going to give away equipment worth hundreds just because. The store isn't accepting it because you waited way too long to do the return.
9) You have a phone. Why wouldn't you be charged for it?
10) A quick search of "Verizon return policy" brings up https://www.verizon.com/support/return-policy/ which clearly mentions the 14 days. This 100% ultimately falls on you. Checking with the other person first before doing anything should have been how this was handled as adding anything to the account makes you financially responsible for it. Finding the link to the return policy or how to print a return label took much less than 2 minutes.
If you read my chat with customer care you will see i was never told about the return window passed away.
How do you justify the fact that, Mr. Ricky from verizon store witnessed verizon loyalty representative saying, neither i have to return the phone nor I would be charged. I had made her say 2 times while standing in verizon store in front of everyone.
Hello, being on top of your service is vital, especially if you are having issues with a cancellation. We are here for you. Please tell us more, did the disconnection already take place? Was a solution regarding the equipment return provided/agreed upon?
What would you do when you take the phone with you and the representative at Verizon loyalty and store both are saying they won’t escort the device.
the reason I was given was; When the rep disconnected the line he also waived off device charges. I have a witness hearing and confirming that statement
As I said in my earlier reply. Why 4 times the Verizon rep said the cancellation was done successfully. Looks like you guys are not thinking straight here. Why I would have wasted 13 hours if someone has told me in first attempt. Think about it!!!
I don't care what a rep says. I know no phone carrier is letting you keep a brand new phone for free if the line is canceled unless of course you paid cash for the phone up front and no payments are done on the bill. I find it hard to believe they told you a brand new phone didn't have to be returned and you would not be charged for it. Your story doesn't make sense. Was this a brand new phone you were going to make monthly payments on?