Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cannot Redeem Verizon Up Reward
TheMule1983

Redeemed the 6 free months of Apple news reward. Unable to use it. Whenever I click use now a prompt comes up telling me “error - unable to process your request. Please try again later. (8N)”

I've had this happen in the past and was never able to redeem the reward. 

Someone please help me redeem this reward. 

Thanks. 

Re: Cannot Redeem Verizon Up Reward
gl05

I have the same problem... Live Chat with agent turned up that I have to call 866-895-5579 and speak with a Verizon Up Tech Agent Mon-Fri 8am-8pm. Hopefully this can get worked out, I really think this reward would be really nice to be able to redeem. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Sorry to hear about the issues with redeeming the Apple News reward, TheMule1983. I definitely want to make sure that you know the best path forward. As gl05 pointed out, you would want to contact the Verizon UP team specifically for this issue. Their number is 866-895-5579. Their hours of operation are Monday-Friday 8:00AM - 8:00PM ET and Saturday-Sunday 8:00AM - 6:00PM ET. Does this help out? 

-RSM

Triassicpark

I didnt get an error.  I redeemed and the apple news app would just launch, but without the subscription applied.

Turns out the promotion is only for ios14.

I had a ipod touch 6th gen which was ios12.  

This was NOT in the fine print (which i read before redeeming).

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello, Triassicpark, we hope you are doing well. We understand your concern regarding the Apple News promotion. Allow us to gather more information to be on the same page. Have you tried redeeming the offer through a device that has iOS 14? How's everything with your Verizon service?

VictorC_VZW

0 Likes
Mbseed

I had this EXACT thing happen to me. Too time spent on the phone with Verizon, uninstall, reinstall of both apps, then given a website for Apple. 

There are A LOT of people reporting this  same issue on this forum and elsewhere online. Please repair this glitch asap or take the reward off and credit us back the reward. 

I have an iPhone 12 Pro but this is happening to all phone types, even new iPad purchasers who had a subscription with purpose.

0 Likes
PizzaLisa

I cannot even find the Apple news+reward to redeem it!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello, we can look into this for you. Please send us a Private Note to proceed.

0 Likes