Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cannot Set Up Auto Pay
pjn518

I opened a new account a few weeks ago and I have been trying to set-up Auto Pay ever since.  Neither the Website or the Mobile Chat function will allow me to pick a date for the Auto Pay.  When I call Customer Care they tell me this has been reported to IT.  Then I get transferred to the Finance department and they tell me it can only be set-up on line and that no one can help.  This is crazy because I will be charged extra on my next bill for not having Auto Pay set up.

0 Likes
Re: Cannot Set Up Auto Pay
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I am a consumer on a budget and I sincerely understand your concerns about potential extra charges due to your inability to set up Auto Pay, pjn518. You mention that an IT ticket has been submitted and you can be assured that our IT team will resolve this issue as soon as possible as the Auto Pay options works fine for all our other customer. In the meantime, you can process payments online at your convenience at this link (https://ebillpay.verizonwireless.com/cws/viewLogin.action#/payments). You will never incur additional charges if you make a payment by the payment due date.

- Antonio

0 Likes
truckin88

Hello I am have same problem and am sent into this loop of live agent to finance number to text messages with link. The App, the website none will allow a date to be selected. I need this setup for the discount. I have tried on PC with chrome and MS edge, and on phone with app, chrome and safari. Please assist!!!!!!

0 Likes
TheBeav1

Multiple people have this problem with Auto Pay.  It has been broken since at least early December when I first signed up with Verizon Wireless.  Here I am a month later and still cannot select a payment date through any of the auto pay setup options - from any browser OR the MyVerizon app. I had to argue to get a $30 credit on my account for last month since I was unable to sign up for auto pay and the $10 per line per month discount. This is a SCAM to rip people off, hoping they will forget!!!  FIX IT NOW and stop saying it's only one customer who is having the issue!

Today if I go to the auto pay screen I get a server error showing a buffer overflow.  Verizon needs to stop making excuses and fix their system. I am paying a lot of money to have Verizon service and expect the best customer experience in the wireless industry, and I am certainly NOT getting that. 

0 Likes
TheBeav1

I was told I need to talk to Financial Services at 866-266-1445 as they are the only people who can set up auto pay manually. That put me on yet another general hold queue. The hold times have been over 35 mins today and I gave up each time. I had a chat rep setup a call back for me and I have been waiting to receive that for nearly 2 hours now. This is nothing but an endless customer service hold loop accomplishing nothing. 

0 Likes
TheBeav1

Financial Services says they cannot setup auto pay manually as it asks for "sensitive information".  No one knows what the h3ll they are talking about.  A rep said she would send me to an automated system to try and setup auto pay and I just ended up back on endless hold music. From what they are saying the only way to setup auto pay is online or through the app, both of which have been broken for weeks and no one is fixing it. HELLO VERIZON I.T.??  Where are you??

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We want to ensure that you are able to set up Auto Pay so you are able to get the plan discount you are expecting, truckin88. I have sent a Private Note in order to assist further. We look forward to your reply.

LaurenC_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello. If the option is not available to adjust your auto pay date, then that would indeed be the case. This is factored in with your billing cycle. Typically, there will be a couple days that you can move your auto pay to the left or right but if the option is unavailable, there is nothing we can do unless we change your billing cycle. Why were you unable to sign up for Auto Pay and are you still having issues signing up? TaylorH_VZW

0 Likes
TheBeav1

I have NEVER been able to setup auto pay.  I was a new VZW customer as of early December. NEVER have I been able to select the payment date when going through the auto pay setup procedure. The drop down menu is empty and has no options to select so I cannot proceed.  I have been trying to setup auto pay since mid December. 

I already have my checking account saved up there. All I want to do is activate auto pay.....

Whenever I call into Verizon customer service no one helps me. They say I can only sign up for auto pay online or through the app, neither of which work. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

The Beav1, 

We're sorry to hear that you have not been able to set up your Auto Pay, and for the hold times. We'll gladly do what we can to assist. What happens when you follow the steps to set up in the following link: http://spr.ly/6602HVoVp

KatiM_VZW

0 Likes