Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Cannot set up autopay
mws_1984
Novice

I had set up to do auto pay out of a checking account, cause I get a small discount doing it that way. I had it set up and the day for it to come out came. Then couple days later I get a notification that my payment wasn't received. Ended up last minute having to put it on a credit card. Now on the auto pay page it wont let me set anything up or do anything with it because of "previous payment history and account restrictions" What is the issue here and how do I fix this? I just wanted to do autopay for the convenience but it's been nothing but a hassle. 

Re: Cannot set up autopay
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We're sorry to read that you have been having issues with getting your Auto Pay set up and we're here to help. Had Auto Pay processed any payments before these issues started? 

PedroM_VZW

0 Likes
mws_1984
Novice

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

We're sorry to read that you have been having issues with getting your Auto Pay set up and we're here to help. Had Auto Pay processed any payments before these issues started? 

PedroM_VZW

No autopay had not done any payments. There is no explanation as to why it is restricted or anything either. Was a number missing on my bank account # or something else? I have no idea because nobody knows a thing. 

0 Likes
AWink

I have had this same issue and it's been nothing but a nightmare!  When I call Verizon, I get passed around and then ultimately told that there is no one I can speak directly with for help.  We have had an existing line with Verizon for years on auto-pay via a credit card.  When we added a second line and upgraded to Unlimited, I changed the auto-pay to come out of a checking account to take advantage of the $10 discount on each of the Unlimited Plans.  I suppose I must have typo'd my checking account number but there was NO explanation provided by Verizon of what the problem was.  When I noticed that the first auto-pay had not gone through I tried it again (I did not correct my account number - again because I had no idea of why it didn't go through and assumed it was a glitch). I was also not able to view my full account number because it gets masked so I had no way to even confirm if what I had entered was correct.  Also - because it took DAYS for Verizon to alert that a payment had not been made I was hit with late charges plus some ridiculous charge for a returned payment.  This was not technically a returned payment because the debit from my checking account wasn't even attempted.   Thankfully, one of the customer service reps was kind enough to help eliminate those.  Now, I'm stuck with not being able to take advantage of the $10/month/plan savings and I don't have the convenience of setting up auto-pay.  

Cbt94010

Same issue with me. I have been a VeriZon customer for years with no late payment.  I combined my and my partners account last month and changed the autopay account to a joint account.  The first payment was declined so I re-entered bank account information and I assumed all was okay until I got another late payment notice. So I called my bank and they showed no autopay declines on my account.  I paid with credit card and want to restart autopay for the discount.  I’m not a conspiracy theorist but are they purposefully doing this to stop the discount????

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

As a long-time and valued customer, your concerns are our concerns too. We're sorry to hear that you've incurred a late payment fee charge after having made a change with the Auto Pay Program. We thank you for the detailed information and I'd feel the same way too if I incurred a late fee charge. Please allow our team to investigate this matter for you. Since we will need account-specific details from you, we’ll need your permission to gain access to your account. Please check your Inbox as we’ve sent a Private Message to you regarding on this topic:

http://spr.ly/6601GyAKd

RobertC_VZW

0 Likes
Burlison9425

This happened to me also. I am not able to set up my auto pay. I was on the phone with Verizon customer service reps all day. As a new customer, I am extremely disappointed. I am considering other services and have even reported a complaint to the Better Business Bureau. This is not the only issue I have had either. Wish they would just fix it - and not blame the customer!

darana

I have this same problem. Apparently when your payment fails twice, you're automatically locked into being cash only for like 6 months. Even if you might have made a typo on your checking account, you're still cash only. I'm ready to switch back to my previous carrier, where autopay worked without a hitch.

MandyLynn1004

Verizon did the same thing to me when I added my line to my husbands. Never was late on a payment or anything. I’m very upset and ready to go back to my previous carrier. Horrible customer service too. On the phone for 2 hours trying to get ahold of someone. Dropped my call twice. Horrible.....

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

MandyLynn1004, We appreciate your business and surely don't want you to go back to your previous carrier. Please share more details on your experience with AutoPay so we can provide additional assistance if needed. 

0 Likes