Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Change in number without authorization
redspaceboots

I have seen a few threads with this same problem. My husband's phone number was changed without our authorization and after being on the phone for an hour, getting it changed, changing our password, etc. I asked how this could have happened and it was blamed on someone getting into our account. We have plenty of things in place for this not to happen, including two-factor authentication. While we were able to get everything back to how it was supposed to be, why isn't there an investigation into this matter? I specifically asked about an investigation and again, it was just blamed on "someone hacking the account". How was someone able to get into our account, that has two-factor authentication, change a phone number AND add a line without either my husband or myself answering any questions, or verifying that it was actually us? 

This was an incredibly frustrating problem to have to deal with and I want to know how this happened. Will it happen again? What is going on Verizon?

0 Likes
Re: Change in number without authorization
redspaceboots

I did want to add that after speaking to three different people who were convinced a person named "Tom" was who they were supposed to be speaking to and could not understand what the problem was - that this person who was added to the account without authorization, we had a number change, a line was added, and that we didn't want any of it - I finally was able to speak with someone who WAS able to help me. She was wonderful, spent the entire hour trying to fix it and was super apologetic about how long it took, HOWEVER it should have never happened in the first place. 

I want answers as to how this happened.

0 Likes
Re: Change in number without authorization
acraftylady2

There is a lot of Hacking going on every where.  My netflix was hacked 3 times in a month.  Then someone tried to buy $500 worth of stuff in my target and Walmart accounts.  Target and Walmart as well as my CC caught it immediately and stopped it.  Sometimes you can have the best security in place but the hackers are getting smarter.  

@redspaceboots wrote:

I did want to add that after speaking to three different people who were convinced a person named "Tom" was who they were supposed to be speaking to and could not understand what the problem was - that this person who was added to the account without authorization, we had a number change, a line was added, and that we didn't want any of it - I finally was able to speak with someone who WAS able to help me. She was wonderful, spent the entire hour trying to fix it and was super apologetic about how long it took, HOWEVER it should have never happened in the first place. 

I want answers as to how this happened.

as my CC caught it immediately and stopped it.  

0 Likes