Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Changing Billing Date
PTOWN2000

I'm not interested in how to deal with what you want to do to billing (changing the due date).  I want to know WHY!!  Everything you do is ALWAYS for Verizon, NOT the Verizon Customer!  So, tell me how changing the date is going to "benefit" those who remain your customers.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Changing Billing Date
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

PTOWN2000 . getting you the why behind something is important to us. The reason for the change is that we're standardizing the number of days to pay your bill. I can assure you that your monthly charges will remain the same. The change will only affect the time frame you have to pay your bill. It is going from being 25 days from the end of your bill cycle to 22 days for when your payment will be due for the previous's bill statement.

La’SindaT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

PTOWN2000 . getting you the why behind something is important to us. The reason for the change is that we're standardizing the number of days to pay your bill. I can assure you that your monthly charges will remain the same. The change will only affect the time frame you have to pay your bill. It is going from being 25 days from the end of your bill cycle to 22 days for when your payment will be due for the previous's bill statement.

La’SindaT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

mogliha12

I will keep my billing date of the 18 of the month, if this can not be possible i will return to the paper billing. Please let me know of your decesion. Thank you. 

May 16,2019

Maureen Gliha 

mogliha12

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Ptown2000, we want to ensure that we are on the same page. You are responding to your post from August 20, 2017? It's been over one and a half years. Were you still need of your billing due date change?

TakendraW_VZW

0 Likes
snyderkm62

The change in billing date is not getting extra money from customers, which has been suggested in prior posts, it is to get CASH earlier.  Basically a ploy for Verizon to bill and collect cash in the same calendar month or at least in a faster cycle of 'bill and collect'.  It will improve their cashflow as a company.  That said, I don't know very many customers who appreciate being billed and having to be paid within a calendar month.  Most people are paid monthly and this of course shifts another business burden of Verizon onto their customers.  Shame on you Verizon for not valuing your customers and not supporting families.

snyderkm62

I tried that as well.  Verizon is now going to penalize you if you return to paper billing by charging you an extra $30.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello snyderkm62, we'd love to help clear up any billing concerns. There's no penalty for switching between paperless and paper billing unless you're receiving the Auto Pay with paperless billing discount. If you're receiving the Auto Pay with paperless billing discount, you will lose it when you switch to paper billing. Does this help clarify?

UbaldoJ_VZW

0 Likes
ixtasis23

Any time you change to autopay they will move your due date earlier. It's happened to me more than once with Verizon. You can call to change, but it will happen again. They do this because they KNOW many people plan on having the money available on this specific date so if they charge you early they can either  cause you bank issues or return item issues. Then when you're frustrated and annoyed with them, you go back to manually paying and lose the autopay discount. It IS unscrupulous greed. It doesn't matter what date you need, I've seen people have the same issue whether they want to pay the 17th, the 1st or the 6th. If they bill you consistently, they lose the extra money they make when you have manual pay either through their discount and/or late fees (if you forget).

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Ixtasis23, I want to make sure to provide all the details on the AutoPay options for clarity. Please click the link https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/auto-pay-faqs/

0 Likes