Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Changing my due date ?
jmcampanile74

How do I change my due date ?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Changing my due date ?
bbrdtylr
Novice

You can call customer service and request a change in the billing end date, which will change your due date. You should be aware that this will result in some proration on the billing following the change requested. They should be able to give you a next bill estimate when you request the change.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

jmcampanile74, we can definitely assist you here with changing your due date. It is important to be able to have a due date that fits your needs. bbrdtylr is correct you will have proration when changing your due date. You will have either a larger bill with more than 30 days or 2 smaller bills in a 45 day period. Is this something you would still like to proceed with?

Santo_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ginam7

I would like my due date changed also.

0 Likes
seanc_vzw
Verizon Employee

Having the best due date for your needs is so important. We are here to help.  A private message has been sent so we can assist you further.

SeanC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Dagger_X

This will be a lot of information and examples to try and help with understanding what you really will see.

As was said by the Verizon tagged individuals, you will have prorations and  possible of 2 bills in a short time (most common result) or 1 large bill. The thing I don't see anyone talking about that is the biggest impact are Device Payments.

It is critical that you understand that there will not be just proration that occurs if you are paying on devices. You can have effectively 3 device payments due within a 60 day time frame*. How? Why? Well, every time a bill generates, it will generate a Device Payment. This will shorten the length of time you are paying for the device.

In the following example, your Billing cycle date is 10, meaning your due date which is 8 days before your cycle ends is the 2nd. You want it to be more in the middle of the month like the 15th. To do that, your Bill Cycle date has to be moved to the 23rd. So your new Bill Cycle is 23 making your due date (remember 8 days before BC) is now the 15th. And from what everyone above has told you, you would get prorated from the 11th (first day of your old BC) to the 23rd (last day of new BC). So you would pay for those days. Thats the prorate part. That amount would depend on your plans, lines, etc.

The major part though is the device payments. You would get a Device Payment for each device that you are paying on, on both the bill that would arrive as per the example around the 13th, then the bill that would generate and arrive digitally on the 26th. In the example if you were paying for two devices then Your first bill after you request the change (original BC) will Include a Device Payment (i.e. Phone 1 Device Payment 3 of 24 $27.08 and Phone 2 Device Payment 3 of 24 $22.00 ), then the new billing cycle change that would occur would produce the second bill with again Device Payments (i.e. Phone 1 Device payment 4 of 24 $27.08 and Phone 2 Device Payment 4 of 24 $22.00).

To try and make this easier to understand let's just say the Prorate is small, like lets say $25 to make it easy. No sweat right? You expect your bill to be it's normal (let's use) $130 and you expect to pay that additional $25. However part of that $130 is 27.08 for 1 phone and 22 for the other. You will have 130 plus 25 plus another $49.08 that you didn't account for. Now your expectations of paying $155 is shattered as the bill is $204.08.

This is just an example with the numbers to give you an idea of what to really expect. If you are not paying on a device, no need to worry. You will just see prorates. You would be paying for the number of days you are moving the date by.

If you are paying for devices, beware. If you have 4 Iphone XS at $41 each, expect to pay that $164 in device payments in additional to your normal bill's amount (i.e. unlimited go 40/line with apo 4 lines 160 plus your device payments $164 and multi insurance 39 = 363 before tax). So your total bill within that bill cycle change would be $363 + $164 + prorates i.e. $66.33 (lets say it was 10 days moved then 160 +39 / 30 x the 10 days moved = 66.33). That bill that you may have thought would be around $429 before tax is now $593.33 before tax.

*The 3 device payments within 60 days. While you are dealing with possible sticker shock, your new BC date of the 23rd in the example would mean that the very following month as normal, you next bill will come out again on the 23rd arriving digitally on the 26th which as normal would include your device payments again.

Chuckles1962

I would like to change my due date if it's possible thanks 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hi there, Chuckles1962! We always want to ensure you get the bill due date that would work best for you. By changing your due date, this will occur one-time prorated charge for one billed month - after that, it will go right back to normal. Is this something you would like to do? MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
etwelker

Change my payment date

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current.

If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes