Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Changing my last name on my account
LacyAntrobus

I got married and changed my name over 10 years ago.  For 10 years I have tried to have my account name changed, but it never gets changed, my married name was just added in some crazy way.   I get all my billing to my maiden name, deliveries are sent to my maiden name and I end up going through a crazy circus act if I miss the delivery driver.   And now when I’m just trying yet again to get it updated, I’m told that I’d have to transfer my service to myself?!

Meaning I’d lose everything, have to reset up all my information, and lose out on everything that I have with my account currently.   How is that ethical or fair?   

it feels like you are punishing people for changing their name.  So if anyone gets married or has any other type of legal name change, too bad, you have to go through heck?   I chatted for over an hour and tried to escalate and I’m still going in circles.

Can someone please help?   

0 Likes
Re: Changing my last name on my account
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello! Thank you for sharing all these details with us. It certainly is important to have the option to update your name. Please meet us in the Private Note so that we can investigate further and provide you a solution. 

~Gina

0 Likes