Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Changing phone plans
envcat

Hello, does anyone know a link where I can select to change my Verizon phone plan, buy a new phone, and keep my phone number?  I tried asking Chat for the link but clearly they're not used to such a question.

When my prepaid month runs out, I want to switch.  I'm hoping the easiest way is online.  I don't see that option in "My Verizon" or anywhere obvious on the website.

Does anyone know the webpage for successfully accomplishing this?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Changing phone plans
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

envcat, I want to make sure you are able to do with move with no issues. The best way to get this taken care of is to call our Telesales group. They would be able to move your from prepaid to post pay. They can be reached toll free at 800-256-4646 or you can always visit a Verizon Wireless Retail Store to complete the process: http://bit.ly/3SdsA

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

Are you planning on staying as a prepaid customer or switching to a postpaid account?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
envcat

Switching to postpaid, using the Edge.

0 Likes
Snn5
Sr. Leader

You should be able to change plans directly from you My Verizon account page.

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

Actually I think I have read that prepaid customers have to go through essentially a port process to switch from prepaid to postpaid. I don't recall the phone number the VZW reps here have posted for those types of customers.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Snn5
Sr. Leader

Prepaid Services 888-294-6804

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

envcat, I want to make sure you are able to do with move with no issues. The best way to get this taken care of is to call our Telesales group. They would be able to move your from prepaid to post pay. They can be reached toll free at 800-256-4646 or you can always visit a Verizon Wireless Retail Store to complete the process: http://bit.ly/3SdsA

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes