Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Charged 3 years for additonal phone line I never was aware of
okhbrown

I went to the Verizon store in Fredricksburg Va, Carl D Silver.   They stated that I had 3rd phone that I was being charged for and there was nothing they could do so they had me call the customer loyalty center.   Unfortunately, I bought the phone in Atlantic City and they messed up my pin, and charged me for Internet that I thought wasn't turned on. I requested for them to stop the additional charges my phone bill would shoot up to $260 because of my Internet charges.  Well, turns out all they did was turn the option on my physical phone, and charged me anyways.  My son told me that they should have set me up to the unlimited plan, not usage.  My son set up my Verizon online account and the phone number I never used and was aware of.   He calls and the the rep referred him to the finance department.   They wouldn't be able to help, until tommorrow.  Anyways, he get into the chat and the rep did disconnect the line, but would not offer a refund.  They stated that I never requested to have the line disconnected, but I was also not aware that the line even existed.  Anyways the chat agent named Charly approx 501am EST stated that I could have log into my account at anytime to see the account.  Well, I am 66 years old and not very tech savvy.  I normally go to the Verizon center to get service.  I would not have known that I had an extra line sitting out there charging against my account .  I want my refund for the  3 years being charged and 4G service I did not know I had or at least compensated for that time? I have been loyal customer for years and this is how they treated me.  Steal my money. What should I do?

Re: Charged 3 years for additonal phone line I never was aware of
Tigerstep

Lines don't get added without being signed off on. Paper or paperless, you get a bill. That's on you to check, not customer service.

Terms and conditions should be read more often instead of being signed off on without reading first. First bill, you can blame Verizon if you didn't understand what was being added. Three years? That's looked upon as consenting to the charge. It doesn't take a tech savvy person to look at a bill statement. Even those of us with autopay check our bills time to time if the cost goes up.

Best case is a courtesy 3 months refund. You're not getting 3 years.

0 Likes