Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Charged For International Calling On a Zoom Meeting
Jaz1n

For those of us that have to use Zoom meetings, BE CAREFUL USING VERIZON. They may charge you for an international call even if the person you are talking to is located in Los Angeles. Then they will tell you some ridiculous excuse that Zoom probably routed your call to an international country to get you to Los Angeles from San Francisco. On Zoom meetings you usually just get a dial in number and password as a hyperlink which is what I clicked and saw no issues. Little did I know that clicking on this one button would charge me $113 for what should have been a Wifi call. 

Has anyone else had this experience? I called customer service and they did little to understand the nature of the call or hear me out. They ended up giving a mere $20 dollar credit when I shouldn’t be charged for this at all. $93 IS A LOT OF MONEY. The customer service lady was absolutely rude as well. I’m new to Verizon but completely regret my decision to switch. 

0 Likes
Re: Charged For International Calling On a Zoom Meeting
jav6
Leader

@Jaz1n wrote:

For those of us that have to use Zoom meetings, BE CAREFUL USING VERIZON. They may charge you for an international call even if the person you are talking to is located in Los Angeles. Then they will tell you some ridiculous excuse that Zoom probably routed your call to an international country to get you to Los Angeles from San Francisco. On Zoom meetings you usually just get a dial in number and password as a hyperlink which is what I clicked and saw no issues. Little did I know that clicking on this one button would charge me $113 for what should have been a Wifi call. 

Has anyone else had this experience? I called customer service and they did little to understand the nature of the call or hear me out. They ended up giving a mere $20 dollar credit when I shouldn’t be charged for this at all. $93 IS A LOT OF MONEY. The customer service lady was absolutely rude as well. I’m new to Verizon but completely regret my decision to switch. 

Did you contact Zoom Technical Support to have them investigate, e.g. what the hyperlink was and how it should have been handled by your device?  Is there a call history for the call?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Re: Charged For International Calling On a Zoom Meeting
Tigerstep

The US isn't the only country that has a 10 digit number system. If the number matched an international one and you used Verizon service, it would be considered a valid charge.

However, common sense says it wasn't intentional which should have gotten you the full refund and a suggestion to turn on airplane mode if you're getting Verizon charges using Zoom.

0 Likes