Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Charged for International Calls I did not maker
princeperfect

My latest bill shows me a fraudulent charge of $77.61 for a 40-minute call to Brazil on March 30. This was allegedly made on a phone that is up to date and in my possession the entire time.

Customer service was not helpful and unwilling to reverse the charge. The agent on the phone laughably told me that she will "mark my account to prevent future fraud." Right...If there's a simple "no fraud" switch to flip on, why not have that active for everyone all the time?

I'm not sure what my next step should be with Verizon trying to defraud me out of this money. Should I just dispute the fraudulent extra charges on my credit card?

Re: Charged for International Calls I did not maker
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hold the phone! Princeperfect, I'm sorry to learn about the recent experience that you've had with contacting us. I would love to have the chance to turn things around. I'm sending you a Private Note. Please respond to that message for me. -KevinR_VZW 

0 Likes
princeperfect

Well...Verizon's response here was to ask for the name on my account in a PM then drop all contact. No fix for their fraudulent charge on my account, of course. Just radio silence.

RIT0504

welcome to the club of garbage charges. Apparently i called NEW ZEALAND 4 times over a couple of days only to be charged over $200 for international calling. Now get this, these calls were made at a time while i am on the clock....DRIVING A FORKLIFT! Called several and i mean several times to only be told from the fake fraud squad there is nothing they can do about it. Recently contacted billing dept to be told get this..... we can offer credit for half of the charges. I must have dipdirt on my forehead if i am falling for this. After 15 years of being a loyal customer, It has all came to an end. GOODBYE VERIZON!!!!!!!

Sir_Snikelfrits

Yeah, this is how they work. They really are a scumbag company. I had over $400 in fraudulent charges and they just keep giving me the run around. Customer service then to the fraud department, both refused to do anything. I’m filing complaints with the better business bureau and my states attorney general. Probably won’t go anywhere, but you never know. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Sir_Snikelfrits, this is never the experience we want you to have. Making sure you receive a resolution for your account concern is important. We would like the opportunity to take a closer look at the details. We have sent you a Private Message. Can you please respond to that message? 

Thank you.  

0 Likes