Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Charged for phone I returned
Burgck

I purchased an iPhone 13 Pro.  I decided before it arrived that i wanted something different so i completed the return process.  I printed the label and took the phone to the UPS store. I have the receipt. I followed the tracjing, it was delivered. The whole time the app keeps saying i need to complete the return.  A week after the return i spend 2 hours on the phone tring to resolve this. The lady tells me the box is empty. What?!?   No. It was not.  No pictures from them, nothing.  No one contacted me AND the app keeps telling me to print the label and return it. It show no tracking on their side but UPS says delivered. I am told they need to investigate. Ok. So i get a call acweek later, they are still looking into it.  ???  I contact my credit card company to dispute the charge because this isn’t right. The package shows delivered.??   So dast forward, no more communication from Verizon but i now have a charge on my bill for 1096 ?  How can you charge my account when you have already charged my credit card?  This phone was returned!!!  To top it off, this forum is full of stories from others with the sane issues.  Someone is stealing in tgeir warehouse or something. There is no way there are that many empty boxes. My receipt from ups shows the weight of the package I dropped off and it was not empty.    How do i get this resolved??  

0 Likes
Re: Charged for phone I returned
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello, Burgck. We want to make sure you get the assistance you need with resolving this issue. We have sent you a Private Note to assist you further. 

*Cassie

0 Likes
Burgck

Absolutely ridiculous.  I was told to dispute this on my credit card in which I did and now they have charged this on my Verizon account which is why I’m having an issue. I’m told that I need to dispute this with UPS to get a credit?  The 1st Verizon person told me they are doing that.   I provided the UPS receipt showing it was shipped.  Someone please provide direction on this.  I disputed the charge but they just found another way to charge me for a phone I returned. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

As a valued customer, your concerns are our concerns too. After reviewing the feedback you've provided here, I'd be disappointed too if I received conflicting information. I apologize for your inconvenience and we're here to help you in any way we can.

Typically, if there is an issue with a charge from the shipping vendor, our representatives will investigate and work quickly to resolve the matter.  We've noted your reference about you having provided a receipt (UPS) showing that an item was shipped.

Can you provide more clarity? For example, were you shipping an item or items to Verizon or something else? In either case, the receipt would also include a shipping tracking number that helps locate the status of the item or items being shipped. Please don't share the tracking number here in this public forum. 

Thanks.

-Robert C.

0 Likes
KeyLimePunk

I’m going through the exact same thing. This has been going on since Oct for me. $700 they took from me because the “box was empty”. I had to do another follow up and the credit is still pending. Don’t give up. I’m gonna call them every day if I have to. They seem to respond the fastest on twitter. 

0 Likes
Xvriesx

I’m going through almost the same thing too! I returned my iPhone 12 in April as part of the early upgrade program. I had already paid of 50% of the phone so I did exactly what I’ve been doing for the past 12 years and upgraded as usual. I sent in my old phone, only for it to show back up at my house a month later, saying it was cracked. However, the phone wasn’t cracked, I refused to pay for it and demanded for them to recheck it. I took it to the Verizon store, they verified that it wasn’t damaged, I sent it back to the warehouse, didn’t hear anything back. Now this month, I go to pay my bill, and have a random $500 charge on it for the phone. I call in, I’m told that the warehouse does have my phone, that’s not the issue. Now the issue is that apparently I have to pay off the old phone before I can upgrade? I already upgraded. I’ve never paid off a phone beyond the 50% for an early upgrade in the past 12 years. And I upgraded over the phone with an employee and when I did, 2 months ago, I was assured that there would be no fees other than the usual upgrade fee. Verizon is VERY greedy and will try to dip into your pockets for any “fees” they can. Honestly, I’m calling t-mobile now to transfer over because after 12 years, I’m exhausted from paying so much for mediocre service. I would too if I were you. Seems this is their newest gimmick. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Oh no, Xvriesx! This is certainly not the experience we want you to have! Our goa is to help you in the best way possible, and we do not wish to lose your loyalty! Can you please elaborate more? When was your annual upgrade?

~Rachel

0 Likes
Xvriesx

of course, I upgraded in April. Even on the bill that I was sent, it says “remaining payments for month 13-24” that I’m being asked to pay now. 

0 Likes