Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Charged for two iPhone 13s (only have one) since April 2022 + unauthorized device payout by Verizon representative (credited back today)
juatinp

Hello,

I'd like to start by stating that I already know why this is happening, but I don't know why it has taken almost two months to get resolved.

Here we go:

I ordered one iPhone 13 on March 1st, 2022 for in-store pickup (Dayton, OH area).

After picking up the phone I went home and went through the activation process. The phone partially activated - it was not receiving any signal from the network. 

I took the phone back to the store I picked it up from and explained what was happening to the best of my ability. The in-store rep ended up calling someone for assistance and was advised to try activating another iPhone 13 because they thought they thought the phone I picked up might be a lemon.

The second iPhone 13 did not receive any signal under my number after completing the activation process. The person the in-store rep was speaking with on the phone supposedly advised the in-store rep to try activating a THIRD iPhone 13. The in-store rep declined because they believed that it was not an issue with the phones and ended the call with whomever they were talking to.

The in-store rep proceeded to call a different number for assistance. I do not have details about what was done or said on this call because the in-store rep took the call while at an employee-only computer in the back area of the store. In 20 minutes or fewer, the original iPhone 13 was receiving a signal and was "good to go". The only information I recall receiving about what took place was something along the lines of, "there was an issue with your agreement and a new one had to be made."

Fast forward to the end of September - I finally notice that there are two iPhone 13 device agreements on my bill - which is on autopay. One agreement is under my line on the bill and the other is in the monthly charges with the monthly protection plan charge. I reviewed the paid Verizon bills from the initial order date to the present date and see that there is an additional device agreement payment on each one.

I returned to the local Verizon store where I picked up the iPhone 13 and was told that billing issues could not be handled in-store - then I was given a number for the "loyalty program". I called the number and was told that a ticket had been raised and a response would be provided within 5 business days. I then asked if I could call back if I had not gotten a response to which the representative said, "yes."

I did not hear back so I scheduled a call via the My Verizon app (in hindsight, I could have followed up with the loyalty program). The representative I spoke with acknowledged that there are two device agreements when there should only be one - and towards the end of the call, the representative stated that they had submitted a ticket to get the agreement removed. We then got disconnected, so I called back and spoke to a different representative - this representative stated that the first representative had submitted a ticket. 

The issue was not resolved on the October bill. 

I opened a support ticket via the My Verizon app on 11/7/22 - I texted/typed to a few different representatives. At some point on or around 11/15/22, an unauthorized device payout was added to my account (this was credited back to my account today).

There are still two device agreements on my upcoming bill, except now they both show up under my line instead of one being in the monthly charges.

I appreciate that the unauthorized device payout was corrected swiftly.

What do I have to do to have the second device agreement removed and get my money back for extra monthly device payments made?

Thank you for your time.

0 Likes
Re: Charged for two iPhone 13s (only have one) since April 2022 + unauthorized device payout
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello, juatinp. We want to ensure you receive the help you need to resolve this issue. We are sending you a Private Note to assist you further.

*Cassie

0 Likes