Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Charged for unreturned equipment, UPS tracking shows delivered. Reps can't fix.
nitsuj001

Hi All

l am unfortunately posting my very negative experience with Verizon 5G home internet which is ongoing.

In August, I was approached to try out Verizon 5G home internet.  I was told that I could try it out for 30 days and would not be charged. A few days after receiving their router, I was not satisfied with the speeds so I called to cancel service and return the item.  Initially when I called, the service rep seemed confused about Verizon home internet even was.  After being put on hold a number of times, I was finally told  I would get a prepaid label and to ship the item back.  I did receive a label with a box that was entirely too small so I had to wrap and pack the package with my own materials.  The item was dropped off at UPS on 8/25/2022. 

A couple days after the item was shipped I received a bill for $80 (a month of service), I again called Verizon and then was told that I would not be charged IF I returned everything within 30 days, NOT that I could try everything for 30 days risk free.  This is not what was told to me but since I had already mailed the equipment I was then told it would work itself out. 

A few days later I received ANOTHER bill for a pro-rated amount reflecting the days my account was active.  Again this should not be a problem since I returned the equipment well within the 30 day window.

Today I got another notice saying I now owe $200 for un-returned equipment.  I still have the tracking number from when I shipped it back which shows it was delivered to the Returns Processing Center last month (It shows delivered on 8/30/2022).

I want to mention that every time I call Verizon the service reps seem unaware of what Verizon 5G home internet even is and I've been transferred back and forth between tech support and billing a number of times. 

I am not sure how or when this will get resolved but so far I am not happy with their customer service and sympathize with anyone else who has experienced something similar.

0 Likes
Re: Charged for unreturned equipment, UPS tracking shows delivered. Reps can't fix.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We are here to provide you the support you need, and turn things around. Please send us a Private Note for further assistance. *Angel

0 Likes