Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chat agent just LIED to me about the "PLAN RATE ADJUSTEMENT SINGLE" charge.
superbeast

This morning I received a $6 "PLAN RATE ADJUSTMENT SINGLE" charge under Add-Ons, so I opened up a Verizon chat window to see what I "added on", and that person tried to convince me it's a "New Tax". I was very clear that the charge was under:

• Website account: "Add-Ons" section
  • PDF bill: "Monthly charges and credits" section - Plan Rate Adjustment (Aug4-Sep3)

Me: "Then why isn't this under the taxes section?"

Chat: "For you to be aware of the raise of the taxes 🙂 on the next bills it will appear on that section."

This went on and on, and now after reading some of the comments here, I see Verizon is basically adding $6 to my bill because they can. 100% pure greed, I guess I'm looking at other carriers this afternoon. Shame on you Verizon.

20220806 Verizon Add-On - chat-short.jpg

Re: Chat agent just LIED to me about the "PLAN RATE ADJUSTEMENT SINGLE" charge.
mapgal

I just had a similar chat, wanted to know why my rate went up.  They said I signed up for a new plan.  I said not so, show me when and where.  Silence on the other end.  They claimed they saved me .37 on some charge.  

smelltheflowers
superbeast

Their net profit was $22 billion last year, and they are squeezing us - wow .37?? The ethics of this company, or the telecom industry in general, is pretty disgusting. We need them, they don't need us until we leave, so I left. Going to try Google Fi for a bit, at least their plans are transparent.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

SuperBeast we like to review one on one better details please DM us on Twitter or Private message on Facebook so we can gain access to your account and review with you the detail of what that $6 dollar extra is. I can assume based on what you are saying is your old history plan may have increased but, it is only an assumption. 

We can best help with direct messaging and private account review. 

- Jose

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello Mapgal! I'm sorry that you are experiencing a hard time with us but don't worry, I'm here to assist you with all your concerns. I will send you a private note.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Getting the correct information is crucial. I'm sorry to learn about any miscommunication, and I'm here to help. I would like to take a look at your account, so I can see what happened. To begin that process, I will also send you a Private Note. 

-Jordan

0 Likes
superbeast

Hi Jordan,

I know what happened, Verizon is nickel-and-diming their oldest customers because some of us don't need your Unlimited plans. Period. At least be transparent about it, this LYING through your poor customer service chat agents is WRONG. They are taking the brunt for Verizon Corporate NOT giving them good information, I mean TAXES? That seems like fraud.

Verizon made $22billion last year:

https://www.verizon.com/about/news/verizon-ends-2021-strong-wireless-service-revenue-and-eps-growth

And this $6 charge was over the line. 

I responded to your Private Note, and I will say the same thing here: I have already found a couple of options beyond Verizon, this will be my last Verizon bill. Trust and transparency are way more important than $6. 

Thanks again Jordan.

Kat106

Happened to me also.  PLUS I noticed that on my paper bill the IPhone I had was different.  Someone at Verizon was playing around with accounts.  I'll call them on Monday but I think I'm going to start shopping for a new carrier.  They don't even have the coverage they are wanting to charge you for!

Amimelia

They didn’t lie, there was an increase in tax fees as well as the additional $6.

Vmas

Same, I'm also a long standing member not on an "unlimited" plan. I spent 10 minutes trying to navigate the janky new BILL, even the PDF was impossible to use on my phone, and NOWHERE did it explain why this $6 was charged, but they "forecast" my bill in the future also being $6 more than usual. ADDING A RANDOM LINE ONTO A BILL IS NOT HOW ONE DOES PROFESSIONAL BUSINESS. I would have been annoyed at any increase, but this just feels underhanded.