Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chat support is trying to rip me off
NuWave

As we speak I'm getting scammed by a Verizon representative via chat. Probably a bot, even after I asked multiple times to talk to a real person.

I got offered a great deal on an iPhone 12 Pro upgrade for my existing iPhone 8. After agreeing to it and clicking the link the chat bot sent me the deal turned out to be non-existent and was over $250 more expensive.

When I addressed this on the chat they send me a link to erase my existing phone even before setting up a trade-in plan and not even starting the process of sending me a new phone.

After that I was thrown off the chat multiple times. I have the screenshots to prove it.

What is going on here? This is clearly a rip off disguised as 'technical difficulties' and a malicious working bot.

I'm glad I didn't click throught and confirmed the deals that turned out to be bogus. Shameful of Verizon!

0 Likes
Re: Chat support is trying to rip me off
NuWave

When I asked to honor their first deal, they disappear or give me standard answers like "I'm here to help", "What happened" and "I'm with you on this".

Crazy, frustrating and below standard what a company like Verizon should offer. Even in Covid times.

0 Likes
NuWave

UPDATE: so now the chat guy is telling me that I asked for a trade-in and not an upgrade. I have the chat history to prove otherwise. And now he's changing the terms and specifications of the device and the payments form 24 months to 30.

They just send me 8 (!) order emails and one of them was for a full payment of a new phone for $1,244,99!!! I never asked for that.

Terrible and will take action to switch providers.

Anybody else had these experiences?

0 Likes
DepTrai

Order online is horrible. 

Order was placed online and got issue.

When i called in for help with the order online number, the reps don't know what to do with that, and then they transferred to sale department.

Sale department didn't know how to correct the issue, and then she just hung up.

I called 611 for help about 8 times, and the issue still going on.

Do not do the switch to Verizon from online.

It will be nightmare if something just little mistake happen.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

NuWave, we are concerned to hear you are having issues with an upgrade. We are happy to assist in any way possible. Can you please give some details on what offer you were originally given? What phone were you attempting to upgrade to?

-Joshua

0 Likes
Tigerstep

Why are you even bothering with wasting your time with a sales rep? Verizon sets unrealistic goals and in return creates shady reps. I haven't spoken to a rep to order a phone since the OG Moto Razr came out. 

If you're logged in post, you can add a phone to cart to check out on your own.

0 Likes
NuWave

Hi 

I have an iPhone 8 now and wanted to ask for options to go to an iPhone 12 Pro.

The guy on the chat promised me an iPhone 12 Pro (not Max) 256 GB for $36/month for 24 months on top of my Unlimited plan that I have right now with an extra $115 worth of trade-in of my iPhone 8. After I agreed and clicked on the links he sent me the prices were significantly different. Kind of a bait & switch maneuver, no?

When I asked to honor his original deal I got disconnected from the chat multiple times or got generic chat bot answers...

Again, I have the screenshots to prove it. I asked for a transcript of the convo but never received it.

Also, the deals on your website mix up the 256 GB with the 128 GB one when you click through a link I received via email.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

NuWave, 

We certainly want you to receive the best offer available. At this time the iPhone 12 Pro 256GB is $36.66 per month. When you upgrade and trade in the existing iPhone 8 (in good cosmetic and working condition) you can receive $440.00 for the trade in value. (Trade-in conditions apply. Up to $1299.99 device payment purchase per phone required. Select Unlimited plans required (Above, Beyond, Do More, Play More or Get More Unlimited plan). Less up to $440 trade-in/promo credit applied over 24 or 30 months; promo credits end if eligibility requirements are no longer met. 0% APR.) -Please note promotions can change at any time. https://www.verizon.com/smartphones/apple-iphone-12-pro/

Does this current promo not align with what was discussed during the chat conversation? What is your current unlimited plan?

0 Likes
NuWave

No, he specifically said 24 months, not 30 or 36 which makes the offer significantly different. I asked him again to see if he wasn’t mistaken, but he confirmed 24.

0 Likes
NuWave

Also for making up his mistake he said that I asked for a trade in, not an upgrade (?).

As you yourself state in your previous reply: “When you upgrade and trade in the existing iPhone 8 (...)” Upgrade AND trade in, not upgrade OR trade in.

I just wanted him to honor his first deal, but apparently that’s not going to happen.

Also the fact that he sent me 8 emails with offers and different conditions that changed after I clicked on the links and asked me to immediately erase my current phone without even sending me a new one, made me realize this guy didn’t know what he was talking about.

The offered deals should be straightforward, clear and easy to understand, fair and certainly no bait & switch after a sales guy made the customer agree to take the deal.

0 Likes