Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cheated by Agents on the Trade-in Program
chenyang

I found there is a $800 trade-in offer for my iPhone x on my account last Dec, but I can't place the order myself. So I reached to the online agent.

He clearly told me the trade-in value is $800, but the order he help me placed only shows $440 for my trade-in value. He promised me that he can help me to change the value to $800 after I placed the order, and I trusted him, placed and paid the order.

Right after I placed the order, he changed his words and told me he need to transfer me to another department to help me change the trade-in value. The another department agent then told me I have to active the new phone so they can change the trade-in value to $800.

By far I still trusted Verizon, but after I activate the new phone and talk with agent again, he just told me I need to get my old device assessed then they can help me to change the trade-in value.

By far my device has been received by Verizon for 1 month and there is still no credit (not even for $440) on my account. The new agent said my device trade-in value is 0, which mean now Verizon just took my device for free.

Now I understand that all online agents were lying to me and just want me to place the order. If this is not solved I will NEVER use Verizon again and tell all my friends not use it.

I have the full chat history screenshot.

Any suggestion for this?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Cheated by Agents on the Trade-in Program
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hi, Chenyang! Thank you for that detailed accounting of what your experience has been since you submitted your trade in with us. I fully understand and can empathize with the frustration you must be feeling. I know reaching out over and over is not what want to have to do, or have any customer experience. Let's get into your account and gather more information about your trade in to get started. Please send us a Private Note or reach out to us through Facebook/Twitter for support 24/7, whichever is most convenient for you! 

*Cheyenne

0 Likes
chenyang

Private message sent, anything else I can do to get this addressed?

0 Likes
Kash7508

I'm having the same issue with my trade in. I was told the phone simply needed to be in working condition with. I specifically asked about a cracked screen and was told they take any working phone. 

I have called 800-416-8894 and been on hold for 5 hours after talking to a very nice rep for about 5 minutes on two different points in the call. 

I have a copy of the Chat from Verizon when i ordered the replacements phone that specifically told me any working device qualifies. 

What do i do now?

Very frustrated Verizon client!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Kash7508, thank you for writing to with ensuring that you receive your promotional credit. 

I want to review your account to make sure that we get to the bottom of the credits. I will need access to the account. Please send us a Private Message to continue. 

-Roni

0 Likes