Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Collection/Credit Reporting Agency
Tonya1girl

I have made several attempts to contact verizon wireless regarding an account that was put in collections, even though I have been making payments on it. When I finally reached a representative, I was told that they could not remove the collection from my credit report. I never received notification that the account was going to go into collections, and have made large payments very recently to rectify this situation. I am willing to pay the account in full for a removal of this credit reporting, but no one from verizon is willing to work with me. I cannot understand how you can be untruthful and say that you CANNOT remove a collection from a credit report.

The follow hasn't been done properly by verizon, so why is this on my credit report??

1. make a formal request for supporting documentation which as per FTC regulations they must provide within 5 days.
http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/credit/cre18.shtm

I will be filing a dispute, along with a formal complaint if this issue is not lawfully remedied. I will continue to send letters every day as well. This is extremely unprofessional, especially when someone IS paying on their account.
2. file a formal complaint with the FTC against Verizon and the proxy collection agency and suggest others due the same. The FTC has the most authority to deal with these types of practices.
https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/

I am hereby requesting that a collections agent from Verizon contact me ASAP.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
Re: Collection/Credit Reporting Agency
Snn5
Sr. Leader

I thought that any time a bill was not paid that a company could use any means lawful to obtain and secure their rightful monies.  Most companies wait almost 3 months before sending to collections.  You never received any call, email, or postal mail stating that your account was past due?

If I pay a debt owed in collections, it will be removed from my credit report?

Paying a debt owed on your CR does NOT remove the negative mark. It stays on there! The only thing that will change is that the debt will be updated to say “paid in full” or something similar. The DOLA will also change to the date you paid the debt.

0 Likes
mama23dogs

If you need to pay of any bill over time, you have to make arraigments with the company beforehand.  if you don't and they sell a debt to collections, it is no longer in their hands. 

Verizon no longer owns your debt, the collection agency does.  Talking to Verizon is useless.

MauriceBalla

I have the same problem. I moved to a location where I could not get service and so they allowed me to close my account early and was told that I would not owe any more money. I moved again and never received any notice from Verizon about any amount due as I also lost the ability to sign on to my account online because my number was ported to a new carrier. I am more than willing to pay my debts to Verizon if there really are any but cannot figure out who to talk to! No one at Verizon can even tell me anything about my account! None of them "have authority" to view it. I don't get why they won't let me pay them!

0 Likes
Snn5
Sr. Leader

You may have to go through collections then to pay.  Some companies hand off the debt to an agency or an agency buys your debt in an effort to make money off that debt and charge Verizon a fee, and with some, you pay the agency then they give a cut back to Verizon.

0 Likes
Chasross

Same issue I’m going through. I transferred my Verizon line onto my spouse’s line also Verizon. Was locked out of my app, never got a bill but sent to collections. Paid it in full and was promised on a recorded line it’d be removed after 30-60 days. It’s been nearly a year and still nothing. I’m leaving to another service provider and be sure to spread the word. My words do spread like wild fire. Especially to all my corporate friends and family who have accounts with Verizon. 

0 Likes