Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Collections for an Unkown Account
madcalifornian88

I will never be a customer of Verizon again after what is happening to me. I started service back in March 2022. I needed to have one of the phones shipped to my elderly parents in another state. The agent told me he had to make two separate transactions. When I activated the phones, only a few showed up on my online account. After numerous calls, I learned there was a 'dummy' account created and they combined them. I thought nothing more. Over the course of the next few months I had multiple large issues including incorrect billing amounts and incorrect rebates for the trade in phones. After calling customer service many times, I gave up and submitted a BBB report. Someone from the Executive Relations team contacted me on two separate reports to fix this issue. We learned there was another account still out there under my name and he assured me it's been fixed and issued credits.

Here were are November and I have two negative collections remarks on my credit report for an account number that doesn't match with my account. I've submitted BBB reports, submitted a complaint to executive relations, and e-mailed their customer support chief. No response. No help. I'm stuck here helpless with -50 points on my credit score over an error that is not even mine. There is no paperwork of me accepting two separate accounts and I have no idea how to access it. I cannot believe a company can get away with this.

0 Likes
Re: Collections for an Unkown Account
madcalifornian88

This is exactly what is happening to me.... no one wants to help:

https://community.verizon.com/t5/My-Verizon/Verizon-made-up-a-bogus-account-under-my-name-and-has-se... 

0 Likes
Re: Collections for an Unkown Account
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

madcalifornian88, We're sorry to hear you haven't received the support needed. As consumers ourselves, we can relate to how important it is that you are being billed accurately. Kindly share details. What exactly is happening?

We're here to help. 

-Arya

0 Likes